Word of the year - Due February 21, 2019

Welcome Rosa! So glad you’re here ! I’ll add you right away. Any ideas what your word / words might be?

Welcome Rosa! So glad you’re here ! I’ll add you right away. Any ideas what your word / words might be?

I think I'm leaning toward the word I used for 2018 ~ Release. I don't think I'm there yet, so I will continue learning... ;)

I need a word that means ‘learn to avail myself of some new ways of doing things. Learn to use AND actually use what’s available to me. Like YouTube tutorials, and shopping services, video chat, rubbery baking pans, etc. To not always do things a certain way just because I’ve always done them that way. Not ‘modernize’... no... I’m still rather old-fashioned... ‘evolve’ maybe? What word am I looking for? Any ideas or suggestions of what this elusive word might be??

Welcome paintedchairs! I’m glad you’re here, and thanks for the suggestions. Adapt is definitely included in what I’m seeking, and I may well use it. :)
Mollie, yes! One word per card please, but you certainly may have an entirely different word on ‘every’ card if you want. :) Last year I had three.

Thanks CreativeSquirrel. Ohhh I like ‘do’ on several levels. Maybe also ‘update’.... hmmm.... I know the concepts I want, just can’t nail words to them yet.

Your words go together well... they sort of lead to each other. I like that. :-)

I need a word that means ‘learn to avail myself of some new ways of doing things. Learn to use AND actually use what’s available to me. Like YouTube tutorials, and shopping services, video chat, rubbery baking pans, etc. To not always do things a certain way just because I’ve always done them that way. Not ‘modernize’... no... I’m still rather old-fashioned... ‘evolve’ maybe? What word am I looking for? Any ideas or suggestions of what this elusive word might be??

I am a bit late in seeing this, Marie, but could "actualization" be along the lines of what you're thinking? I know we often hear it in conjunction with "self," but on its own I think it's an important concept, too! Just a thought....

Hi PaintedChairs, yes, I do have you signed up, and yes I did forget to add you to the list. Oops! I’ll fix that now.
I don’t know why you’re not subscribed... just typing in the thread usually automatically subscribes you to it. You can also subscribe using the ‘thread tools’ drop down menu at the top of the page. :)

You sure can miriamacevedo, welcome! I’ll add your name to the list right away. Have you been thinking what your word(s) will be?

Welcome Istinkray IlverSay! Very nice to meet you. I don’t think we’ve been in a swap together before. :-)
I’ll go add your name to the roster now. What will your word(s) be this tear? Any idea yet?

Back
Top Bottom