Wanderlust (Open Media) ~ due Feb 27, 2019

Bluevioletz

Bluevioletz
Media
Swap Due Date: Wed, Feb 27, 2019
Number of cards: 3 for 3
Number of participants: unlimited
Medium: Open Media (mixed media, hand-drawn, hand-painted, or any combination)

Theme: Wanderlust
Join me on a brave adventure as we explore our Wanderlust through traveling characters wandering either to the iconic or the more obscure corners of the world. Now is the time to do some creative thrill seeking and live vicariously through some adventuring souls depicted on our lovely art cards. Collect your voyaging characters and set them each off on a unique adventure, showing them through the journey or arriving at their wonderful destinations.

Search your collection for imagery of: characters with great expressions that help tell a story of adventure or discovery, travel destinations, journey materials, etc. Don’t forget to look through your ephemera, rubber stamps, stamps, rub-ons, washis, stencils, magazine cut-outs, etc. for great materials to add dynamic layers. Since this is open media, you can also hand-draw or hand-paint and mix all your favorite mediums for your cards. Let your creative muse guide you on your own creative adventure.

Here are some ideas to inspire your wanderlust cards. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1lI51Q9w_Dhflmpmb4_csvdavN_LKNr-HUUWuJ9g71jM/edit?usp=sharing

Details
  • Send 3 original designed artist trading cards (measuring 2.5” x 3.5”)
  • A 4th “hostie” artist trading card would be greatly appreciated but is not required
  • Add on the back of each card: your real name, username, date, city/state or country, swap name
  • NO: prints, white backgrounds, flimsy cards.
  • Upon receiving your cards, leave an iTrader for me, your host, and Reputation Points via this thread for the artists of the cards you receive.
Mailing
  • PM me for my address (if you mailed to me in the past, it is the same)
  • Send each card in individual sleeves
  • USA players: include 1 Forever stamp
  • International players: send $1-2 or an international US stamp
  • Include an address label
  • I will provide envelopes
Our adventurous souls...
  1. Bluevioletz
    [*]Dithespy
    [*]Nanvan
    [*]Laffqueen
    [*]CastleQueen5
    [*]Pouringdiva
    [*]Cicicreates
  2. Shan511 - withdrawn
  3. Stephidee
    [*]ThouArtDelyrias
    [*]Prex79
    [*]Pikkis
    [*]Ancient Planter
  4. TrinaLD - withdrawn
  5. Tarabranham - withdrawn
    [*]McgillisJ
    [*]BetsyG
  6. siempie_h
    [*]Bunnymther
    [*]FlyingPhoenix
    [*]Pancake Machine
    [*]Monroy28
  7. Howen - withdrawn
  8. josiesuelupin
    [*]Tsmarie
    [*]ksj1717
    [*]HushedKitty
    [*]Jenurebel
    [*]Linda4atc

Last edited:
Totally lurking. I did a meditation last night concerning another project I'm working on and the words that kept coming up were wanderlust and journey. I'm thinking you are in my brain! :)

I've decided with all of the chaos in family issues I'm having right now it is best to complete the cards before signing up for any swaps. :)

Wykyd - you and I are for sure connected on the same wave length. I hope you will enjoy making the cards for this swap and will be able to officially join soon. Can't wait to see what you create!

Dithespy, Nanvan & Laffqueen, yay and welcome! So excited to see you all joining.

Lurkers are welcome to join the ride but I hope you will be very tempted to start your adventure with us!

Dithespy, oh my, I am sad to have missed the bears swap since all the cards were absolutely gorgeous. I managed to sketch all my bears but could not finish coloring them in time. I only colored color one of them. So they are now sittting in my art room, still waiting to be finished.

Back
Top Bottom