Dictionary Words, A, B and C ~ Hand-drawn/Hand-Painted/Mixed Media ~ Due Mar 29

Here's one I am working on. Not quite done, so far it's watercolor on dictionary page, charcoal, lace and printed words. What are your thoughts on using this "bad" word?
View attachment 202601

I actually...LOVE IT! I really do! I love how you melded the dictionary word in the background and used it in a quote and I love the composition of the card. It's simple with just the words, quote and Madonna's face, but the little added elements of the lace and the 'shadows' of the quote adds a nice little touch.

I think your cards is a masterpiece. Great use of the word, and all the elements. AND I don't even like Madonna, I have never have. I am from Michigan, and I never dressed like Madonna in the 80s, but I did dress like Olivia Newton John, (not from Michigan, but from the 80s)

So I am saying from someone who is not a Madonna fan at all that your cards is SUPER and great example!!!

oh and that isn't a too bad of word. I got a coffee one on it and thought it was funny. It said I am a B... before coffee and after.

Okay then! I'm going to continue with a similar format for my others... they might not all be "bad" words, but now I feel like I'm challenging going myself. Teeny charcoal drawings are also a fun challenge! Thanks Foxglove and CaslteQueen5!

CastleQueen5, when I was a kid, I couldn't even think of looking up cuss words! I was such a goodie-twoshoes that I said 'booty' instead of 'butt'! In fact, it wasn't until I was well into adulthood that I got over thrill-shock of even being able to say b-u-t-t. LOL Now, of course, I don't have those hang-ups, but I still don't say the 'serious' 4-letter words. (Though I have come close a time or two!)

I could not find that C word in my dictionary. I looked long before you posted your "well done card". As much as I don't like the c word, I like the card. I think it is the saying and the lady that appeal to me. Hey DONT send me that card. Hahhaa.

I hate when hubby uses that word to describe someone. (yes, he has done that before, and keep in mind of course it is never a man, as that would not be gender specific, we have other words for men like that)

I was honestly pleasantly surprised to find that word in my dictionary! I am making at least one more card to throw in the mix, that one can come back to me in my returns if no one's a fan of the word. ��

I was honestly pleasantly surprised to find that word in my dictionary! I am making at least one more card to throw in the mix, that one can come back to me in my returns if no one's a fan of the word. ��

I was sad that it wasn't in my dictionary.

The card is super good, and is making me a fan!!!

When we get to D and P, I will see if there are words for men that are of that vein.

Holy panic attack, Batman! I brought all my cards home from work yesterday (I've been working on them on my lunch break) only to find that my B card (Madonna) was missing! I ransacked my car to no avail and realized in terror that it might just have fallen out in the parking lot! Bad to lose it but a double whammy to have my artwork with the definition of the word 'bitch' possibly somewhere that k-8th grade kids could find (I'm an art teacher). Just now I came into work and found it, luckily face-down in a puddle by my art shed. Serves me right for chosing these words haha!

Will Madonna rise from the rain-soaked ashes? Only time will tell.

Wow, good luck on finding the card before the impressionable <snerk> 8th graders saw it! The "c" word about gave me a choking fit! LOL. That was such a dirty word when I lived in England! I remember watching some show at night, and someone said that word, and I gave this huge gasp....that word was worse than the F-word when I was growing up. :twitcy: That said, these are awesome cards, so thank you so much for sharing them! I hope people get inspired to join in the fun!

Sooo....if anyone DOES or DOES NOT want to receive these cards in their returns, please let me know in a PM when you ask for my address. Or I will ask too, when I pass on my address.

I just have to ask, why are some words for female genitalia more offensive than other. I mean no matter what it is called, it is the same thing. It is a life giving organ. But men and, I guess women, use the word to call a man a whimp, and to call a woman overbearing and rude. How did we ever get to that point? It is possible it has been like this for generations.

Ok silly inquiring mind question over.

Any thought? I guess we do it male genitalia too.

Good questions, Castlequeen...I would have to hazard a guess and say it's a cultural thing. Many cultures are ashamed of or try to control women's sexuality...that manifests in rules for how a female can dress (you see it in school dress codes...the boys can wear shorts, but girls can't, for example), or a woman must not show certain parts of her body. In many cultures, things relating to reproductive parts was to be hidden and not for polite discussion, so maybe slang relating to those parts were meant to be insulting because of that cultural shame?

As for the cards, I love them all, personally speaking!

Back
Top Bottom