Dictionary Words, A, B and C ~ Hand-drawn/Hand-Painted/Mixed Media ~ Due Mar 29

Wow, Donnacr, love the interactive cards and the cross-referencing! Too cute!

I will try to start the D, E and F thread by tomorrow. I'm so excited that Y'ALL are excited!

Mail call! Karr3ll, your lovely cards have arrived! Her words are Alpaca, Bike and Covered Wagon. Please post to the thread if you would like to receive any "you rocks"!

I have submitted a D, E, F swap, so be on the look out for it! Just two weeks left until I swap them! :jiggy:

Mail call! Dnewton972 flew in! She chose Air Ship (a hot air balloon), Barn and Barn Owl (she drew a red barn and a cute barn owl flying across the sky...way to include two words! :D ) and Close-Up.

I can't even imagine how one would illustrate "Dapper"...the first thing that popped into my head was Everett claiming to be a Dapper Dan man! (From O Borther, Where Art Thou...he loved his hair pomade!)

Mine are done...mailing today (or tomorrow morning at the latest!)
Words are : adorable, biology, beeswax and candle.
For the beeswax card, I used beeswax as an adhesive and finish.

Love your cards, Mrubyjean! I especially love how you turned the candle definition into a candle.

And laughing with you, Castlequeen, but I don't mind at all, because they are great and creative cards!

Okay, I finally found a dictionary, also learned my mom collects old dictionaries lol! I should have know! I made this C card last night, I'm going to make the rest today, but here is the first one, I kept it mostly black and white to keep with the dictionary theme.. Is this acceptable? It's how I plan on making the others too.. here it is..
86399dfbba779c8ce5c20d117ba46de0.jpg

One more question.. for a hostie card would it be okay to make a card in this same style but using a b and c? Or would you prefer just one letter on your hostie card?

Mail Call! I received wonderful cards from Katelnorth, Patsy and Vegan4Animals!

Welcome Kae.Ryan! Your card looks awesome! I love how you integrated multiple "C" words onto one card! I hope your mother doesn't know what you want to do with her old dictionaries! I have visions of you calling her saying you're coming over for a visit, and her gathering her precious dictionaries into her arms and scurrying around the house, trying to hide them before you reach the door! :laugh: I have a 100 year old dictionary that I originally bought to use in collage - it's falling apart and very brittle, so it's not a priceless book, but I still can't quite bring myself to use it!

As for the hostie, this is going to sound like a cop-out, but really, hosties are never required, and I am quite thrilled with anything you choose to send! Honest!

There is two weeks left for this swap, so I am going to request that it be moved to the active thread. If there are any lurkers in the U.S., your cards still have time to reach me, so don't be afraid to PM me if they are ready to mail.

Lol!! She actually had already started picking one apart, I get my art side from her! It didn't even have a cover on it, she collects anything she thinks she might be able to incorporate into art, she's usually my first stop before the art store, but it did not occur to me she might have dictionaries til after I went to 5 stores lol! That's amazing you have one that old, how cool!

Okay cool :) there's a lot of a b and c I wanted to use but couldn't incorporate so I think I might be able to make a cool card for you, well see how it goes!

I love to see how you incorporate multiple cards. I was a word-nerd in school - I always aced vocabulary and English (excepted Shakespeare or had to analyze the literature. I HATED analyzing a story!) Anyway, remember how you had to use your vocabulary words in a sentence? I would create a whole story using all the words on the list. :twitcy: Yup. I was that guy (gal!)… The only one I specifically remember was taking the list of words and telling the story of a king who was ditching his royal duties in favor of taking off for a vacation to a sunny beach. The only word I remember from that list was "abscond". Weird what you remember after ::mumblemumble:: decades!

Hello, Micaela! I will swap cards out the 29th, so if you're able to mail your cards in the next couple of days, you should be able make it! I also have a link to the D, E and F swap in my signature if you're interested!

Back
Top Bottom