January PAT Due date: March 19

Donnacr

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Due date: March 19
(Don't forget that I live in Australia - I normally allow 3 weeks for postage, just to be safe)
Signup/withdraw - NONE, once signed up you're in so PLEASE be sure you want to play
Number of cards - 1 for each person in your group using their chosen theme
Number of participants - 8 groups of 5 players

In this PAT you will choose between having your theme coloured in GREYS OR pastels ​or brights. As there is the added difficulty of selected colours all themes will be generic/regular.

All cards have been swapped and mailed on Monday Mar 25 UNLESS you are in Group 3 or Group 8
Groups 3 & 8 mailed on Mar 29

Pick-a-theme examples:
~ Generic/Regular – Generic themes are where it is easy to think up a card; for example fairies, cats, dogs, flowers, etc. Regular themes which require a little more thought or research but are not difficult to find a reference or collage image for example; flying pigs with hats, red poppies, whimsical houses, nature fairies, zetti, etc. (Real people or characters in books or movies are not regular themes! Something from a specific artist or person is not a regular theme)

To play you must have:
*an established positive iTrader rating of +15
*no negatives within the last 6 months
*no neutrals for lack of cards/communications within the last 3 months
NO EXCEPTIONS so PLEASE don't ask

If you think you want to play, but have questions PLEASE read all the instructions to see if they are answered there. If they are not, go ahead and sign up with an undetermined theme to reserve your spot, then PM me and I will do my best to clear up whatever. We can always open the spot back up if you decide not to join.

Please, please, please do not over commit yourself.
Anyone who does not follow through will receive a negative iTrader from me and could receive a negative iTrader from each member of their group.

General information:
~This swap contains 8 groups of 5 members. Sign ups end when all spots are filled
~You must be willing to work on all the other themes in your group!
~This will be an on-time swap. Cards are to be in my hands on or before MARCH 19.
~Pick a group, pick a theme.
~Once you sign up you CAN'T withdraw as some artists start their cards immediately
~Make a card for each member of your group in their chosen theme; you will receive a card of your chosen theme in return from each member.
~Make sure you send cards you are proud of

Sending your cards:
~All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves if you have them. If you don't, protect them in some other way when posting to me.
~Please include your username and group number on the outside of your mailing envelope. (I run multiple swaps at the same time and want to avoid mixing your cards with another swap)
~Please put your username, the group number and the recipient's username on each card you make.
~If you want to post your cards to the thread for all to enjoy please do, but it is not necessary.

Mailing information:
When you're ready to send, PM me for my address. When you are packing your cards:
*put each card in a plastic sleeve
*make sure that your username, the group number and the recipient's usernames are on the backs of all your cards
AUSTRALIAN folks:
Please enclose a self-addressed envelope with postage.
INTERNATIONAL folks:
Please enclose a LARGE address label/your address clearly printed on a piece of paper (at least 2" x2"). I'll pay the Australian postage and provide the envelope.A dollar bill or a Global International stamp is appreciated as I can use these in future swaps.

What about iTrader?
Like any other swap, I'll leave iTrader for players when their cards arrive. When you get your returns, you leave iTrader for me.
In addition, because this is a PAT, you leave iTrader for the other members of your group, too (NOT reps). That means that you will get 5 iTraders. It also means that if a player joins and does not send cards, they will get 5 negative iTrader ratings. Playing in a PAT is a serious commitment - so think carefully before you join.

Last edited:
Players:
Group 1
- HD/HP - Grey scale ONLY FULL
1. casivonmir - monster (cute or creepy) - returned
2. Essy - dogs (portrait style, from the chest up) refer post #9 - returned
3. Onaki - pin up girls or monsters - returned
4. Mrs Alderman - girls with antlers or horns - returned
5. BexMadeMe - goth girls - returned

Group 2 - HD/HP - pastels OR brights (please choose 1) FULL
1. CreativeSquirrel - cacti/succulents BRIGHTS returned
2. IamWhatonearth - legendary/literary plant based creatures (refer post #17 for examples) PASTELS returned
3. Onaki - pin up girls or monsters (refer post #31 for more details) PASTELS returned
4. Mrs Alderman - flower dryads or fairies PASTELS returned
5. karenr - Frida Kahlo BRIGHTS returned

Group 3 - zentangles - grey scale ONLY CLOSED
1. mrubyjean - elephants - returned
2. ThouArtDelyrias - cactus - returned
3. Monroy28 - Eiffel tower - returned

Group 4 - ATCoins - pastels OR brights (please choose 1) CLOSED
1. Pamitha - zentangle design - all over with shadows BRIGHTS returned
2. katelnorth - birds BRIGHTS returned
3. ali - eye BRIGHTS returned
4. dithespy - rabbits or hares PASTELS received

Group 5 - ATCoins - grey scale ONLY CLOSED
1. Carol - elephant (face or body) - returned
2. BluSkyHare - owl - returned
3. donnacr - cat(s) returned

Group 6 - ATCoins - pastels OR brights (please choose 1) FULL
1. Carol - circus BRIGHTS returned
2. CastleQueen5 - cactus/cactii BRIGHTS returned
3. prex79 - whimsical house BRIGHTS returned
4. Pamitha - whimsical flowers (vase or garden) BRIGHTS returned
5. mcgillisj - circus BRIGHTS returned

Group 7 - mixed media - grey scale ONLY CLOSED
1. Monroy28 - Eiffel tower - returned
2. BluSkyHare - artist's choice - returned
3. donnacr - cat(s) - returned

Group 8 - mixed media - pastels OR brights (please choose 1) FULL
1. CastleQueen5 - cactus/cactii BRIGHTS returned
2. ThouArtDelyrias - butterfly(ies) BRIGHTS returned
3. prex79 - mushrooms BRIGHTS returned
4. mcgillisj - zetti BRIGHTS returned
5. dithespy - Frida Kahlo BRIGHTS received

Last edited:
I'll play I would like to be in group 1 please with a monster (any type you like, it can be a really creepy one or even a cute one)

Welcome to everyone!
casivonmir - I think your theme of monsters is perfect for grey scale.
Essy - interesting theme - very specific

Carol - thanks for diving into 2 groups and choosing 'Brights'. What theme would you like people to use in their creations?

Thank you. I figured a dog portrait is easier than having to draw the whole body, 4 legs and a tail but if they'd rather just draw a dog however they wish that's fine too.

I like creative squirrels theme.

I would like to join Groups 6 and 8 BOTH in brights with the theme cactus/cacti.

Dear host I will not have a cow if by chance the player sends a succulent that is not a cactus, but I prefer cacti, so I didnt add the succulents to the list.

Thanks for hosting.

Welcome to all our new players with some interesting themes.
Essy - I will leave your theme as shown but refer it to post #9

mrubyjean - when I say 'grey scale' I mean the scale from black through all the greys to white, so black lines are allowed. Welcome to group 3

IamWhatonearth - I am not quite sure what you mean by 'plant based creatures'. Do you mean animals who are based/ live on plants (like bugs?) or creatures that are created in the drawer's imagination and based on a particular plant eg a rose bush with arms and legs and a face?
Welcome to group 2 and so glad that someone chose pastels.

For plant based creatures I meant stuff like ents, mandrake creatures, the bowtruckle from Fantastic beasts, and other stuff like that.

So like made of plants or looking like they are made of plants.

Real animals that look like plants are also ok like the orchid mantis.

IamWhatonearth
- thanks for the clarification, I will add a reference to post #17. I have always loved Lord of the Rings and felt so sorry for the Ents looking for their Entwives.
I had to look up Bowtruckle - he reminds me of Groot from the Marvel series. Is he also acceptable?

I'd love to join this! Could you please add me to group 1 and group 2?

Group 1 - Pinup girls or monsters (cute or creepy)
Group 2 - Pinup girls or monsters (cute or creepy) (Pastels)

Back
Top Bottom