Marie
Media
Due Date: April 3, 2019
Signup/Withdraw Date: None, just communicate
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: All are welcome
Media: Open… All are welcome….. NO heavy/bulky embellishments

Frugal Fun!

Well the holidays are over, and the boxes—you know, the part of the present the kids actually played with—have pretty much disintegrated. The budget is busted, it’s too cold to go anywhere and there are no new holidays on the horizon. I’m ready to burrow in, kick back and enjoy myself… on the cheap. It’s time for some Frugal Fun!
For this swap we will be creating images of ways we can have fun without spending much money. Board games, crafts, crossword puzzles, etc…. What do you do for fun when your budget needs the ICU?

Rules

- All cards should be 2.5” x 3.5” on sturdy card stock or better, with straight edges.
- All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves for protection.
- All cards should contain images. We need ideas! No 'WORD ONLY' cards please.
- Send only your best work please... we’ll be looking at it for ideas!
- Please include username, real name, and swap name on the back of your cards.
- Cards with heavy or bulky embellishments will be returned.

Sample cards:

View attachment 202595 Blowing Bubbles by Marie View attachment 203272 Build A House of Cards

View attachment 202596 Curl Up With a Good Book by Pamitha

View attachment 202597 Building a Snowman by CiCiCreates

Who’s Playing?

0. Marie
1. Pouringdiva Received ~*
2. Pamitha hold
3. PaintedChairs Received ~*
4. CastleQueen5 Received ~*
5. Karr3ll Received ~*

Postage (United States)

Please include a SASE or a large address label and stamps in the value your cards took to mail to me.

Postage (International)

Please include a SASE or a large address label and $1 (3 cards) or $2 (6 cards) well concealed.

Other Info

Please message me for my address when you are ready to mail and post to the thread when you send your cards. If you already have my address, it has not changed.

When your cards arrive to me I will mark 'received' by your name in the sign up roster. I will also notify you in the thread.

When you receive your returns, please leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists. I will imbed each name in the roster with a hyperlink to make this part easier. I will also leave iTrader for each player.

Last edited:
I am sorry; I don't get it. What will the themes of the ATCs be? Just things that you do when you have no $$$? Can you show some example ATCs?

The idea is ways to have fun that don’t cost a lot of money. :-) I’m adding the sample images right now. Sorry for the delay. I didn’t have permission from all artists before I submitted the swap. I do now. :)

Ideas could include board games, knitting, going for a walk, hopscotch, making paper dolls, painting rocks, playing dodgeball, learning to juggle, etc... Activities that are enjoyable, but don’t have a significant cost. Does this help?

Aww that sounds like fun. I just rediscovered paper dolls and so love to change their clothes everyday. I would play for ever with them.

Oh by the way I am in!!!!

Awesome swap idea!!

Too many commitments right at the moment.....but LURKING for sure!

Welcome pouringdiva! So glad you’re joining in!! We’re bound to have some fun. :)

And welcome to the lurkers couch CiCiCreates and HushedKitty. Enjoy your visit and I do hope you join in as well!

So glad to have you Pamitha! And thank you for letting me display your card in the sample section. It is so lovely!!

Oh, okay, I get it now. I loved dodgeball in school.

I’m glad it makes more sense now Ferretgirl. :) If I can get my skills up to all the angles I’m going to try to do ‘building a house of cards’.... Enjoying that one with my grandkids now. It’s STILL fun!

Welcome PaintedChairs! So glad you’re here! I’ll go add you to the list now. Any ideas what you might be depicting?

Go you PaintedChairs! That was fast! I’ll be watching for them. :)

I just slipped over to your gallery hoping for a peek.... nope... *snap*
Hmmm... ‘does surfing-the-internet-in-bed-while-drinking-coffee-and-cuddling-a-kitty’ sound like a good idea for a card? :)

I got my grands some bath paints at the dollar store. It’s colorful soap in a tube really, but that sounds like good frugal fun too.....

Pop-pop-pop..... ideas are percolating over here....

PaintedChairs, your fun cards have arrived!!! GREAT ideas!!! Hubby and I have been enjoying ‘look for shooting stars’ lately ... even watching a full-on lunar eclipse just recently! Your whole set is very well done. Thanks for the extra for me too. :)

Hi Rosa! Enjoy your lurk. I actually got the idea for this swap from one of your swaps last year! One of the Bizarre Holidays was Frugal Fun day! I hope you decide to play!

Back
Top Bottom