Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Continuous Random Round Robins - 10

xstitcher is offline Please do not disturb, I am disturbed enough already!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of fun cards moving around!

Love getting to look at the eye candy since I am not playing right now.
    Hosting August-Pick-A-Theme

Coming soon: My Stitched Item and Your Imagination [2]
    Come check out The Continuous Random Round Robin - 10

2. Likes JavaZarf liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Katelnorth- how do you track? Iíve been writing on a printout of the player list but thatís only going to work for a little bit. Iím also a little (it a lot) OCD so I like to keep track. Any tips would be appreciated!
    Melissa
    Hosting: A Change of Scenery ATC swap.

I am working to de-stash: Please see my profile for a list of items that I'd love to send to you!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two finished sets going in the mail. (I gave them each a title)

"Touring London"
    LucyMc, Suzi and me
    Touring London-web.jpg

"Black Cat on Blue"
    BlueSkyHare, Suzi and me
    BlackCat on Blue-web.jpg
    (The corner triangle is shiny silver paper - doesn't shine in the photo)
    Last edited by ArtsyOne; 10-18-2019 at 02:30 PM.

5. Likes AnitaMac, BluSkyHare, heymaggie, Suzi, LucyMc liked this post
    prayer_at_night is offline Elvis Sparkley-Toes, the Christmas Elf
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's so funny to hear about you lot tracking your sets - I'd always say that I'm a bit OCD and also a huge fan of lists (to-do lists, shopping lists, three seperate lists for my exams (why ever I'm doing that, they all have the very same information! ^^į)), BUT I don't track my RRs at all. Never have, never wanted to.
    I dunno, I guess it's because I deeply embrace the "random" part or something? Anyways, I never know what I sent where, so don't ask me that. XD I'm useless for you list keepers, sorry.

Also, awesome eye candy being shown here! So much pretty, wow! Really digging those cats on blue there! <3

Also also, I got starters and a homer from BluSkyHare - thank you, dear! <3
    Hugs, Sarah

7. Likes BluSkyHare, pancake machine, LucyMc liked this post
    BluSkyHare is offline creating daily soothes the soul
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Prayer. I like the happy randomness. To many same-olds in my life and TOO much tracking in my job (timesheets, bills, budgets, contracts, blahblahblah) to want to track this! LOL

9. Likes ArtsyOne, pancake machine, LucyMc liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also am a big fan of the randomness and love all the pics of the sets and homers!

11. Likes LucyMc liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I had kept track of some of the APC sets I was doing, cause I didnt get some back. Since I can see the hole in my deck of apcs.

But really not sure How you could even know who the second player sent the set to for the thirds. So I have never kept track.

I also never kept track of the listeria cards except I kept track of the ones I started.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, this is going to seem a bit OCD, but I'm willing to share.

Because I also have an art blog, I also share photos of cards I've made or worked on, on the blog, so here's what I do.

I scan (or photograph if my scanner isn't working or I'm somewhere else) the set when I receive it (or first make it, if it's a starter) and give the photo a name, using the date and a descriptive tag - e.g. 1019leaf for a set received this month, where the main feature is a leaf.

I then have a little piece of paper on which I write 1019leaf and the first player's username and the date I received it. After I work on it, I add the name of whoever I'm sending it to and the date I sent it on. And I scan or photograph it again to show the change. If it's a set I received to finish I don't keep track so much, I just scan and name it...

I then have a little set of papers with this info on them.

73425097_405788910320995_633794584270340096_n.jpg

So you can see the most recent thing I mailed out was a set of starters which featured a bike in some form, sent to allegrae on the 10th of October. I also sent a set to allegrae to finish, which had the info 0819bird, 1. bsh, 2. me, 3.allegrae with the date 10/10 as well. That was a set I received from bluskyhare while I was on holiday this summer at my mum's (hence the 0819) - it took a while to work on them because I was technically on homers only until some time in September, but she checked if I'd mind receiving some starters anyway, and said it was fine if I couldn't work on them straight away...

Anyway.

When I receive my finished card(s) back, I scan again and find the little piece of paper and throw it away (they are in date order, and all my photos are in the same folder so it's fairly easy to do).

It's actually not the most streamlined system, but it's kind of developed over the years. If I were starting again, I might do something else, but I'm in the habit of this now.

I really like it for blogging, because I can show the process - especially of course when i'm the second player as I can show all three rounds. Example attached!

0119blue.jpg0119blueR2.jpg0119blueR3.jpg

(first round, just the background, second round, after I added something, third round, the finished card)

I really enjoy seeing this process! Sometimes when I get a card to finish off as the third player, I really wish I knew how it started and what the second addition was (sometimes, I think it's kind of easy to tell what probably happened.)

Quote Originally Posted by Haagmm View Post
    Katelnorth- how do you track? Iíve been writing on a printout of the player list but thatís only going to work for a little bit. Iím also a little (it a lot) OCD so I like to keep track. Any tips would be appreciated!
    Kate North
    http://katesquilting.blogspot.com
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now hosting: ATC Background Swap, due 16th December
    My APC ad here

14. Thanks pancake machine, heymaggie thanked this post
    Likes heymaggie liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    And you guys are right - it's impossible to totally keep track of stuff, because you don't know who the second player sends something to. I don't really know why I do it, except that I started off that way, and I've kept going. Sometimes I use the tracking to try to avoid always sending to the same person ( this happens a lot for me because I try to keep postage costs down a little by sending work with homers which need sending, but it sometimes means I never send to anyone different because of that whole circle effect).

I did first try a list in a notebook, but that was too hard to follow - for me the little bits of paper work better.

Also helps me not hang onto stuff for too long before working on it and sending it on - I try to work on stuff in the order I receive it, even if it's one I find challenging

The downside of tracking, is that it makes you aware of how much doesn't come back. But funny enough, I don't really mind that. It is what it is, and getting art in the mail is a bonus. I know life takes over sometimes, and I don't stress about how long it takes to get to me. (I only stress about how long I take, lol) It's actually particularly fun if you get something back which you thought was long gone - I really like seeing the old stuff eventually come home.
    Kate North
    My APC ad here

16. Likes Haagmm, heymaggie liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the beginning, I used to try to keep track of whether someone had received something I sent (just because of postal uncertainty), but that was too hard to maintain - and also, stuff really doesn't seem to get lost that often. Only once in a while, so I'm willing to risk it.

I have to say, I've also NEVER even thought about checking up on someone I sent to, to see if something was worked on, because for me, that's not the point - the only point for me is being able to link up the finished products with how they started, and to see if I'm sending to the same people all the time or not.
    Kate North
    My APC ad here

18. Likes Haagmm, heymaggie liked this post
    Silky1150 is offline Make Some Art and Feel Better!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are many I don't get back so I just do my thing. I don't send out starters very often because of that. Many I haven't seen in years.

20. Likes Haagmm liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to mention that I'm hosting an Autumn Found Poetry swap. Hope you'll consider joining!

22. Likes BluSkyHare liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree Katenorth and Silky1150... I’ve sent out lots of starters, and have seen few return to me... I’m hopeful I’ll see them again someday

Sending envelopes out to Castlequeen, Blueskyhare, and Suzi.... also a completed card to AncientPlanter

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reading about so many players not getting their starters back makes me sad. It as happened to me many times when I am playing.

I try to keep track of who has not been active and move them to homers, although Iíll admit it has been a while since I checked. Maybe I will make time this weekend to do it again.

Anyway, I wonder if anyone knows of someone who has gotten lots of cards to work on but not doing it should send me a pm and I can get them moved. They could always be moved back. And it goes without saying if anyone does know someone like that, they will tell me in a pm, not in front of the whole group and I would move them without mentioning that was the reason.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I might get out a mass mailing today. Or tomorrow. MASS MAILING ALERT!!! MEEP MEEP MEEP!

26. Likes Haagmm, Suzi, Karr3ll liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll move sets along usually within a week, but so far haven't gotten any of my starters back. I'm a bit reluctant to send anymore out until I get some back.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xstitcher View Post
    Reading about so many players not getting their starters back makes me sad. It as happened to me many times when I am playing.

I try to keep track of who has not been active and move them to homers, although I’ll admit it has been a while since I checked. Maybe I will make time this weekend to do it again.

Anyway, I wonder if anyone knows of someone who has gotten lots of cards to work on but not doing it should send me a pm and I can get them moved. They could always be moved back. And it goes without saying if anyone does know someone like that, they will tell me in a pm, not in front of the whole group and I would move them without mentioning that was the reason.
    xstitcher - is there an acceptable amount of time to hang on to cards? I have 3 sets right now and thought I'd wait until I received some more so I can send full envelopes. I'm finishing all of them. I guess I could just create some starters and call it good.
    Melissa
    Hosting: A Change of Scenery ATC swap.

I am working to de-stash: Please see my profile for a list of items that I'd love to send to you!

BluSkyHare is offline creating daily soothes the soul
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some people may be slower than others. Sometimes I hold onto cards for a couple or 3 weeks, if I need to think about what I want to do with them. But I've never not sent them on to the next player or home.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Haagmm View Post
    xstitcher - is there an acceptable amount of time to hang on to cards? I have 3 sets right now and thought I'd wait until I received some more so I can send full envelopes. I'm finishing all of them. I guess I could just create some starters and call it good.
    No there is no set time to get them out. Looks like most people try to get them out within a few weeks.

Sometimes it would take me longer trying to find a pattern I liked and would work.

I try and move players to the homers only list if they have not been on the site for 6 months. I am going to change it to 3 months for the next time. Maybe this weekend.

I donít think we want to put a time limit on things, but how about if you have cards for say more than a month you shoot a quick pm to the card starter and let them know?

Not saying we need to, but it is something we can think and talk about. Comments on here or in a pm to me are welcome!

If we decide to suggest that I will add it to the 1st page of fun things and information.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had several cards for around four weeks when they were working on my house and I finally decided to send them onward to someone else to work on since I just wasn't able.

32. Likes BluSkyHare liked this post