Library Card Catalog Swap - 4th time! Due April 2

Hi Kate,

You're in! And I've done a bad job of updating the list on the international side! Will do that now.

Java - yes, I can post some. I keep meaning to add the three I've created for this swap, but can add a couple of old ones now. These are from swaps gone by...
Mine
40_image.jpeg
The fabulous Miss Iowa
1_Great_Traveler_ATC_edited_watermarked.jpg
And the equally fabulous MyNameisJenn
1_004.jpg

Awesome MynameisJenn - so great to have you!

Kate and Nanvan - alrighty on the postage then and thanks. I don't mind covering a few and that leaves a couple spots open.

Hi Jen! Welcome aboard. Truth be told I rather like default. Sometimes I can really pair up some great cards with a profile, sometimes I can't, but it is fun to try. Random is quick, which is nice too, but not as fun. I've had to discipline myself with this random option because I find myself trying to match anyways! Which is all a really longwinded way of saying, default it is!

Sounds like fun! Sign me up for mixed please. I will PM you now with my address.

Last edited:
I forgot to say which option I'd prefer - I am tempted to go with default, but then again, the challenging ones might be fun...

I think I'll stick my neck out and risk "mixed" :)

Ask for a challenge, get a challenge. The Search Committee Handbook? Good grief. Wish me luck and inspiration! This will be a fun challenge. My cards have arrived!

Ask for a challenge, get a challenge. The Search Committee Handbook? Good grief. Wish me luck and inspiration! This will be a fun challenge. My cards have arrived!

LOL! Truly, I laughed out loud when I read your post - The Search Committee Handbook? Challenge, indeed! Good luck!

Add some vintage sourpuss lady, and WHAMOOO you have a member of your search committee. OR a group of sourpuss folks. I guess you could do happy folks too, but gee where is the fun in that?

Welcome AngelJoy and Locatray!

Kate - Sorry to say but I already sent your cards out and I went with default. Well, there is one card that could be kinda risque if you want to do it.

Betsyg - heh, heh, heh.....

Seriously though, just a reminder that you don't have to illustrate what you received. Ideally, yes, but I've always tried to have this swap be fairly open. The one requirement outside the usual stuff is that it has to be clear that it came from a library card catalog. You generally only get 6 cards to work with, and even if they are topics you like, sometimes one can draw a blank. Now with random and challenge, it could become quite tricky to get a feel for 3 cards that you want to do. Unless you form a search committee...

Having served on and been frustrated/enraged/foiled by more than my share of search committees this could get real snarky real fast. I will try to keep it pg. Bloodhounds! Maybe I will go with bloodhounds, there is a search committee for you.

Back
Top Bottom