pancake machine

The Dude abides
Staff member
Super Mod
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date April 2nd
Withdrawal deadline: none, but must communicate!
Number of Cards ~ 3 for 3, or 6 for 6
Number of Participants – unlimited
Mixed media incorporating Card Catalogs

4th Library card catalog swap.

I've run this swap thrice and it is great fun to host.
Hey, so do you remember when you used the card catalog to search for books in the library? Or, you haven’t, but you’re curious? Below is an image of a card catalog.

1_atccardexample__800x479_.jpg

These cards are pretty sturdy, and I have a bunch of them. This swap is a chance to make mixed media ATCs with old card catalogs. You can collage, tear, use the card as a base to paint, etc. Remember though, if you use it as a base or whatever you do it has to be ATC sized.

You should try to base your art off the cards you get. However, while this is preferred, it is not required. See the swap requirements for all details, but the special requirement for this swap is that you must be able to tell (even faintly) it came from a card catalog.

So how do you get these lovely card catalogs? If you sign up to play, I'll need you to PM me your address. I'll send you 6 cards, you choose the 3 you want to do. The other three you can do with as you wish.

New feature - choosing your card type.
*Default - as best as I can, I try to match cards with your profile likes. Keep in mind these come from an academic library. There may still be some random cards, but they’ll have a visual element.
*Random - If you ask for random, I’ll just pick 6 cards from my large stash of cards.
*Challenge - If you ask, I will get you hard cards. Titles like Advanced Thermodynamics, or Programming Fortran, or the Philosophy of Truth. If you get stuck, remember your card only has to incorporate elements of the card catalog and doesn’t actually have to feature the topic in the card.
*Mixed - I can also do ½ default and ½ challenge

Swap Requirements ~
* All cards must use the card catalog in the art.
* All cards should be standard 3.5” x 2.5”
* An extra card for the host is welcome, but completely optional.
* Make sure cards are well-glued and sealed.
* Use only light embellishments and make sure your cards fit in plastic sleeves.

Mailing Information ~
* Include username, real name, your state/country and the swap name on the back of all cards - and put username and swap name on all envelopes sent.
* US Participants – Please include either postage or a clearly written SASE. An extra stamp would also be nice (for initially sending the cards), but the extra stamp is optional.
* International Participants - Please send a clearly-addressed envelope or mailing label and I will cover postage for the first three. If you don't want/need postage covered, just give me a heads up.

Late cards past a day or so will be returned. If you get the cards and decide not to participate, that's fine too.

When you receive your returns, please leave I-Trader for your swap host and rep points for the artists of the cards you receive. People like to know where their little artworks find home.

Quick key- * means I've mailed out the cards. If your name is blue, you've let me know that you received the cards you will use to make atcs. If your name is in purple, I've received your finished atcs. And if your name is red, you've received your swap cards. If you need to withdraw I’ll just pull your name.

Lots of Example Cards can be found if you search the swap archive for “Library Card Catalog”. I will post a few below.

PLAYERS:
1. Mrubyjean
2. Prex79
3. Suzi
4. Nanvan
5. Withdrew
6. Allegrae
7. Kae.Ryan
8. Betsyg
9. NancyL
10. Bluesky
11. TSMarie
12. Vegan4animals - rep
13. Mushu - rep
14. Karenr -Everyone above Karen are on Page 1
15. CastleQueen5 - rep
16. withdraw
17. Ancient Planter- rep
18. Marie - rep
19. Collagaint Ashley - rep
20. withdrew
21. JavaZarf - rep
22. Katelnorth -rep
23. MynameisJenn - rep
24. JenURebel - rep
25. Angeljoy -rep
26. Locatray - rep
27. Jenspirko - rep
28. WideEyedLife -rep
29. Pikkis - rep
30. BluSkyHare- rep
31. Cleopatra - rep
32. Rosa- rep
33. huddlestonmollie - rep
34. ThouArtDelyrias- Rep
35. CreativeMelodia - rep
36. Shachark - rep
37. CreativeK - rep
38. Cardgal -rep
39. Haagmm - rep
40. Valentina22 - rep
41. Monroy28 - rep
42. HushedKitty - rep
43. Trailrider -rep
44. Plumhill2001 - rep
45. Ali - rep
46. Spirit Soul -rep

Last edited:
To answer NancyL's comment - I do have a lot of these. We use them at work for scrap paper. I periodically look at ones that are out and will pull out those that look interesting.

Welcome back NancyL and Bluesky! Welcome to TSMarie and Vegan4animals!

Back
Top Bottom