***Three Colors swap – Coral, Turquoise + Your Choice of 3rd Color! ~ Due March 1**

Collagaint Ashley

Guaranteed Imperfect
Media
Swap Due Date – March 1, 2019
Media: Open
Number of ATC’s – 3:3
Number of participants: 15

Here’s another wild and woolly color combo! It’s challenging and **crazy fun** to be creative with a limited color pallette. This time, you get to choose the 3rd color! Add a sunny yellow, and you’ve got the tropics (think Miami or Cuba). Add a metallic, and you’ve got a stunning necklace.

***PLEASE READ: There was some confusion about this, so I'm posting links with samples of coral and turquoise.***
Turqoise: https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/15-5217-TCX
Coral: https://www.pantone.com/color-intelligence/color-of-the-year/color-of-the-year-2019

I am still getting cards with pink, red, and teal, so here is what the site moderator has suggested: she instructed me to either return cards that don't match the requested colors, or exchange "wrong" colors for "wrong" colors. Or, the swapper is welcome to make new cards.

Please use the same third color in all of your cards.

If you opt for a “metallic,” choose any type of metal (gold, silver, rose gold, etc.). Images of metallics are also fine, if your stash is limited.

Be creative!! Coptic colored, Zentangled, Collaged, Gelli plate backgrounds with something added on top, a heart-shaped metallic with a pink background….whatever your style. You can do anything and it will be gorgeous!!

Your cards needn’t depict a theme, and don’t feel confined to a tiny detail like reality. Abstracts are great!
Please stick with the three colors only, and be sure that anything outside of the palette is VERY minimal! HAVE FUN with this! PLAY, PLAY, PLAY!!

Your ATCs: - need to be 3.5 by 2.5 – and be sturdy! If it flaps in the wind, it is too thin. They should have your 'real' world name, user name, swap title and location on the back, and should arrive by the due date. If they are not received by then, and you don't withdraw via the forum, alas, I must return them and leave neutral ITrader.

Host cards, as always, are optional, but I LUVVVVV getting them and cherish them!

U.S. players: Please send me a business size envelope, and write “non-machinable” on the front. Smaller sizes get too thick, and then cost more to send back and/or damage your precious art. Put an “additional ounce” stamp (in addition to the regular Forever stamp + any necessary postage if over 1 oz.) on your SASE’s. ATC’s are ALWAYS non-machinable, and I’d hate to get envelopes back after all your hard work.
International players: it costs me $1.36 to return your cards. Please send me that amount in cash, U.S. stamps or Paypal. Include a large self-addressed label or envelope with your name and address on it.

Let’s get crazy with our color wheels!

1. Suzi RECEIVED
2. rss5 WITHDRAWN
3. prex79 WITHDRAWN
4. barbwat RECEIVED
5. pithier RECEIVED
6. AngelJoy RECEIVED
7. Mushu WITHDRAWN
8. ThouArtDelyrias
9. Allegrae RECEIVED
10. ksj1717

Last edited:
Lovely color combo! I'm sure this will fill up fast but will still lurk a little while before committing.

I'd like to play. I did read the first post, but may have missed the answer to this - is the third color to be the same for all 3 cards?

I just typed a welcome to each of u individually, but the system erased it, so here's a bulk welcome! Welcome to lurkland, catladybj! And prex79, yes.

Last edited:
My cards are done. I chose Lime Green as my third color. I tried watercolor brush pens to play with in this swap. I have never been very good at watercolors, but I had some fun with this by dropping water on two of the finished cards and either letting the water spread, or by shaking the card so the water ran every which way. Hope they are okay for this swap. The coral is not as dark as the scan suggests.

View attachment 202883

Sunrise / Color Wheel

Heart Drops / Burning Orbs

They will go out in the mail tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom