Friend of AFA
Welcome Committee
Media
Albums
Due date: March 26
Signup/withdrawal date: March 20
Number of cards: 3/3
Number of players: Unlimited
Media: Open - Mixed Media, hand-drawn/hand-painted, collage; NO digital, photography, or stickers

When I was a child, I had a family of dolls. My sister was their aunt, and vice versa. We named them all and played for endless hours. When I grew up, Mom gave me her childhood doll that I had never seen before, beginning a very interesting doll collection. Later, I became interested in creating dolls, so I sculpted faces and hands, made wigs and costumes, and was a “doll artist” for many years. Such is the fascination!

In this swap, I would like to see three cards, any media, depicting a doll. She could be a child’s toy, or a beautiful antique collector’s doll. She could be “Raggedy Ann”, a Japanese Kokeshi, a baby doll with pretty bonnet, or your childhood favorite. JUST PLEASE, NO “Chuckies” or eerie/weird examples! Think cute or pretty, not creepy.

You may use actual bits of lace or ribbon in the clothing, but please don’t use embellishments over 1/6”high, and NO STICKERS. Rubber stamps are fine, especially against unique and creative backgrounds. Feel free to post pictures of your cards in the thread, we all love to see them!

GUIDELINES:
- Cards should measure 3 1/2” x 2 1/2” and be sturdy enough not to bend easily into a U-shape.
- Cards should each be placed in a plastic sleeve and lightly taped together for safest postal travel. Please use Washi tape or Painter’s tape.
- Cards should be identified on back with your username, real name, and swap name. an extra “host card” is never necessary, but always appreciated!

MAILING:
- Please PM me for my address when your cards are ready to send. Please keep the due date in mind. If you need to withdraw, please let me know before my Withdraw date.
- U.S. players, please send a large label with your name and address clearly printed and include one Forever stamp. I will provide envelopes.
- International players, please send a large label with your name and address clearly printed, and include a US one dollar bill or a Global Forever stamp. I will provide envelopes.

Lastly, when returns are received, remember to give “You Rock” points to your return partners and iTrader for your host. This may be easy to forget or overlook, but is so appreciated by the artists who worked hard on the cards you receive!

Whose dolls are coming to “play house” with me?

1. Marie - RECEIVED
2. Pouringdiva - RECEIVED
3. Franciebelle
4. AnnieDeMontreal - RECEIVED
5. Jenspirko - RECEIVED
6. Kathleenlovesflorida - RECEIVED
7. Stahlrala - RECEIVED
8. An. M. Sudyka - RECEIVED
9. Karr311 - RECEIVED
10. Linda4atc - RECEIVED
11. Kynara

Last edited:
  • Staff
Example cards are by: JenUrebel (collage); Bluesky (hd/hp); CiCiCreates (hd/hp); CiCiCreates (embellishd stamp image).

• Staff
Welcome to you both (to the lurker's couch - in my craft room with the doll collection).

• Staff
Great to have your interest, Suzi. Lots of time!

yes please!! I dragged Suzi (my multi-generational doll) around everywhere. By the time it was time to give to my sister she only had hair on one side. Let me see if I can find a picture of her.

Last edited:
I will happily sign you up, Pouringdiva! Would love to see a picture of that doll. By “multigenerational, do you mean she was your mother’s?

Yeah!!!

No she was my grandmother's then my aunt, my mother, me, my cousin, then my sister. At that Suzi just disappeared. She was well loved by all.

I am looking through some pictures hopefully she will pop up. If not, I was ask my sister. She is the family historian and keep pictures of everything.

Sounds like everyone loved your little Suzi doll. Wow, that's a lot of different "moms"! I'd love to see a picture if you can find one. Wonder where she disappeared to......

Welcome, franciebelle! I will get you signed up now.

Last edited:
Welcome to lurk! Hope you find some time to play.

Back
Top Bottom