Crayon Art ~ Again! due April 5, 2019

Rosa

ATC Guru
Media
Swap Due Date - due April 5
Number of Cards - 3:3 or 6:6
Numbered of participants: unlimited
Medium: Crayon ~ only!

I have done this swap a few times now and I'm always amazed at the artwork people can achieve with an ordinary crayon. This swap is all about the crayons of our childhood ~ remember the awesome smell when opening a brand new box of crayons? Let this take you back...

The only medium on your ATC should be crayon. No traced or hand-drawn pen or pencil lines of any kind. Also, no coloring page outlines. Use crayon and only crayon! And... no melted crayon art allowed in this swap either ;)

This swap is all about creating art of any style - realistic, abstract or somewhere in between, but the tool of choice here is a crayon. And it's a cheap swap - if you don't have a box of crayons, you can pick up a box just about anywhere for round $.50 cents! As a side note, I will say that the waxier (read $Store kind here) are not my first choice, although you don't necessarily need a box of Crayola. I love the color laid down with Cra-Z-Art or Rose Art brands. Not trying to recommend a particular brands here, just get you to pull out your kids or grandkids tub of crayons before purchasing any more! I'm all about using what we have :)

Things to remember …
• Shipping: Please send a SASE envelope (business size please), or just a label with your address (no tiny ones please) with a minimum of .49 cents or a forever stamp for US residents. Internationals please send $2. If you are international, and cannot, please PM me and we'll work something out!
• Make sure your cards are the standard 3.5 x 2.5 size and properly secured in individual sleeves.
• Please remember to clearly write your username and the swap name on the back of all your cards, so you can get you rock points, and on the back of your mailing envelope.

I will give trader feedback and will also update the thread telling you your cards have arrived. In return I encourage you to give iTrader host feedback for me when you receive your swap returns, and you rock points for the artists whose cards you receive.

Remember, lets have fun!

1. pouringdiva ~ received
2. LadyDoor ~ received
3. casivonmir ~ withdrawn
4. AngelJoy ~ received
5. aharnanae ~ received
6. Roshanda ~ received
7. Bishopsmate ~ received
8. ksj1717 ~ received
9. BlancoLobo ~ received
10. Essy ~ received
11. bethrobinson ~ received

Last edited:
can I use an european version of this, crayons are not always that easy to find here and can I scrape colour away or blend it on the paper

casivonmir "can I use an european version of this, crayons are not always that easy to find here and can I scrape colour away or blend it on the paper"

Yes, I don't see why not, scrape & blend away, but what would be the European version?

Rosa We habe a brand called wasco and some other brands make them as well, I have those already and I can "loan" some from my nephew and niece :-)
I could get Crayons but the ones I already have are basically the same thing, they behave like really really bad oil pastels and make a mess all over the place

Sign me up, I'm looking forward to it

casivonmir they do sound like a crayon! Welcome!

and yes AngelJoy, everything's the same ~ Welcome!

BlancoLobo, lurk away ;)

I always feel like such a kid when I use crayons to make art! All my creations are so primitive to me. But, there are others out there who take it to a whole new level -- such as The Crayon Man, who is lives in the same area as I do. I have had the privilege of seeing a few of his pieces. If you weren't told they were done with crayon, I don't think you could guess it. Here is his facebook page if you are interested in seeing any of his work: https://www.facebook.com/The-Crayon-Man-167244642427/ I am sure there are others out there who do as well, also. Just not me. But I have fun, and that's what counts!

Here is another: https://www.facebook.com/themastercrayonartist/?__tn__=HHH-R So impressive!!!

pretty awesome art AngelJoy! I love crayon art...

It is awesome! I got thinking about it after I posted this and realized I am not able to do that kind of art no matter what medium I use! hahaha. But, I do what I can and I enjoy it! :)

Back
Top Bottom