Friend of AFA
Welcome Committee
Media
Albums
Due: April 10
Signup/Withdrawal date: April 4
Number of Players: Unlimited
Number of Cards: 3 for 3
Media: Hand drawn, hand-painted (inks, paints, pencils , etc)

Back in the Fall of 2015, I hosted my first swap, and this was the theme. We had great cards, a lot of fun, and I haven’t seen the theme repeated.....so I thought I would. Please hand draw, hand-paint three cards depicting a little home for our feathered friends. You can go whimsical or realistic. You can also choose to do your artwork on a 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 ATC, OR a house-shaped card within those measurements. Include the little tenant(s) or not. Have fun and please do post pics of your finished cards if you can.

GUIDELINES:

- Cards should be sturdy enough to not bend easily into a U-shape.
- Cards should each be placed in a plastic sleeve and lightly taped together for safest postal travel. Please use Washi tape or painter’s tape.
- Cards should be identified on back with your username, real name, and swap name. An extra “host card” is never necessary, but always appreciated!

MAILING:

- Please PM me for my address when cards are ready to send. Keep the due date in mind and allow 7 days for US players, and 14 days for International. If you need to withdraw, please let me know before my Withdraw date.
- U.S. Players, please send a large label with your name and address clearly printed, and include one Forever stamp. I will provide envelopes.
- International Playrs, please send a large label with your name and address clearly printed, and include a US one dollar bill or a Global Forever stamp. I will provide envelopes.

Lastly, when returns are received, remember to give rep points to your return partners, and iTrader for your host. This may be easy to forget or overlook, but is so appreciated by the artists who worked hard on the cards you receive!

Birdhouse Architects:

1. WITHDRAWN
2. Artwhims- RECEIVED
3. PaintedChairs - RECEIVED
4. Gypsy - RECEIVED
5. Kathleenlovesflorida - RECEIVED
6. Mushu - RECEIVED
7. WITHDRAWN
8. Pattisscrappin - RECEIVED
9. dnewton972 - RECEIVED
10. CreativeK - RECEIVED
11. WITHDRAWN
12. An. M. Sudyka - RECEIVED
13. TNOL - RECEIVED
14. BlancoLobo - RECEIVED
15. CherylS - RECEIVED
16. Ilovemarley - RECEIVED
17. Micaela - RECEIVED
18. TGScout - RECEIVED

Last edited:
  • Staff
These example cards are by: CiCiCreates; Prex79; Robin

• Staff
Welcome to you both, Prex79 and artwhims!

Welcome to lurk, Stahlrala and CreativeMelodia!

You can just portray the birdhouse alone, or include a bird or two. You can do any kind of bird you like, but I was rather surprised to learn that only a few types of birds will make their nest in a birdhouse. Some are bluebirds, chickadees, swallows, small owls, and sparrows. Cardinals and robins will nest in a box completely open on one side, they just use it like a ledge or shelf.

Back
Top Bottom