Artist Inspired swap: Georgia on my mind Georgia O’Keefe ~Due March 29

My first 2 cards!

1_EADB8A68-A375-4E6B-82E1-2A57672A5188.jpeg
1_DB25C3AB-4E43-45C0-A616-06E981DBD4AC.jpeg

These are both in Chicago art institute :) Those clouds are a huge showstopper - the original painting is 24 ft wide!! https://www.artic.edu/artworks/100858/sky-above-clouds-iv

Last edited:
Here are my cards. It took me awhile to settle on which paintings to emulate & what medium to use. I thought I would do watercolor then decided I needed to try oil pastel to get the color saturation that I wanted but that was a bust. Colored pencil with a blender pen ended up working the best for me. On the last card I did colored pencil for the focal image and watercolor for the background(clouds and water).

Those are beautiful. Wow! You really tried different approaches/mediums. Very impressive. Thanks for posting your final art.:yes:

Here are my cards. It took me awhile to settle on which paintings to emulate & what medium to use. I thought I would do watercolor then decided I needed to try oil pastel to get the color saturation that I wanted but that was a bust. Colored pencil with a blender pen ended up working the best for me. On the last card I did colored pencil for the focal image and watercolor for the background(clouds and water).

Back
Top Bottom