Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: February 5x7 Canvas Board Trade

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

February 5x7 Canvas Board Trade

All, I am SO sorry, but I was without internet for a while, so I am late in starting this. To make up for it, I will be extending the sign-up date and mail-by date. I’ve also shortened the rules to make it easier to read. Points I’d like to stress are in bold and blue.

Deadline to sign up: 10 February (next Sunday) CLOSED
    Mail-by date (try to mail by this date): 25 February
    Deadline: 5 March
    Open Theme (but you can also check out your partner’s profile page)
    Substrate: 5x7 Canvas board.

HOW TO JOIN and RULES:
    ~Players have the first week of the month to sign up (it’s extended this month to make up for the late start.). I will assign partners the morning of 11 Feb (Central US time.)
    ~Players MUST be able to commit; no negative iTraders in last 6 months, no Neutrals in last 3.
    ~Players must PM their partners and trade addresses once they have been assigned.
    ~Keep your partner and the thread posted on when the canvas was mailed. Let your partner and the thread know when you have received your partner’s canvas.
    ~International players welcome – so just be aware that if you get an international partner, then it may cost more to mail the canvas.

CREATING THE CANVAS
    ~Open medium on 5x7 canvas board. (Can be HD/HP, mixed media, collage, ETC.)
    ~You can start canvases early or wait to be assigned a partner – you do not have to make something based on your partner’s profiles (but you can if you want to make it a little more personal.)
    ~If you can, we would just love it if you can post a picture of the canvas you made after your partner receives it! (Not before…we don’t want to spoil the surprise!)
    ~Consider coating your canvas with a clear protective coating designed for artwork to help protect it on its journey. Definitely do this if you use mediums like pencils, charcoal or chalk pastels.

MAILING THE CANVAS
    ~Canvases should be mailed early enough to make it into your partners hands before the deadline; it should be in your partners hand by the last day of the month. (Again, I’m allowing for additional time due to the late start and short month.)
    ~The US postal service will give you a tracking number with no extra charge when you mail the canvas. Please give this tracking number to your partner as proof the canvas has been mailed.
    ~Canvases can be mailed ‘naked’ or in an envelope. Just be aware that the canvas may be damaged by machines or dirt or weather if mailed naked.

ETTIQUITE RULES
    ~You MUST PM your partner if you aren’t able to meet your deadline. No communication WILL RESULT IN NEGATIVE iTRADERS!
    ~Do not join if you aren’t sure if you can commit to making a canvas. I’ve had one person flake on their partner, and that sucks!

iTRADER
    ~Positive iTrader = given to your partner when you receive your canvas.
    ~Negative iTrader = no canvas by the deadline and no communication.

Who would like to play? (And please help spread the word - the more players we have, the better!)

~PaintedChairs -- Monroy28
    ~SunTrade -- Foxglove
    ~Monroy28 -- PaintedChairs
    ~Foxglove -- SunTrade
    Last edited by Foxglove; 02-11-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Count me in, please.
    “The only real valuable thing is intuition.” Albert Einstein

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy to see you again, PaintedChairs! Thank you!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have one ready for this swap, but is an abstract, If abstracts are admissible, and you all like them, count me in too!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    please add me too

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Abstracts welcome, SunTrade! Welcome, Monroy28!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bump! Anyone else wanting to join? This is a really fun swap! Don't be afraid to join in!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bumping again. It may just be the two of us, PaintedChairs!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not me ????????

I thought I was on the list....

I oculd make another abstract and swap with both if you want.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t get what you mean...Aren’t SunTrade and Monroy 28 still in?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy cow, all - I am so sorry for the slight! I don't know where my head is at! You both are SO very welcome here and I am feeling so embarassed!

There is no excuses for my insult, but this is how I got so mixed up.... I have this thread open in a tab on my phone, and it was on the posted where PaintedChairs signed up. I totally spaced out and didn't scroll up, down or hit refresh before posting like I should have. I feel so awful about this...what a horrible way to treat you all! Please know that I am so very sorry!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh ok i see what happen... no problem.

so is Suntrade, paintedchair or you as my partner? i like to personalize my canvas for the person receiving it. BTW i live in Texas at this time.
    Last edited by Monroy28; 02-10-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't assigned partners yet, in case there's any last minute sign-ups. I will have the partners posted tomorrow morning, though.
    And how are you enjoying Texas? Brr...it's not comparable to the rest of the States, but I, for one, am ready for warmer temperatures!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    i can not get enough of the cold! I love snow cold rainy days..I am originally from San Francisco and live in Paris 3 months out of the year. i miss real snow. It gets so hot here that the rattlesnakes look for air conditioning...lol

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, all! Everyone should have received a PM listing the partners, but I have also updated the first post. If able, please post photos of your art in the forums so we can all appreciate it (after confirming your partner has received it, of course. We don't want to spoil their surprise!)

Monroy28, I do love the gloomy, overcast days, but for some reason, I have been very allergic to the slightest hint of cold...I went out in 68 degree weather, and my feet were red, swollen and itchy! With it being colder, my skin is getting more reactive...now my face and neck reacts to the chill! I have no clue why I am suddenly so sensitive. I hate hot weather, but I am ready for 70-degree weather again! I do hear you on the snow...I love it of I don't have to drive in it!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Question? it says canvas board trade but i would like to add an element of mix media which will add to the painting. Can I do this? It will look really cool!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh absolutely! This is an open trade, so really the only rule is that it needs to be on the canvas board.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My 5x7 is on it’s way to Monroy28, mailed yesterday.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! I am still working in mine for SunTrade.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Canvas i made especially for painted chair and will post once she gets it. I got up early to go to the post office to find out - they were closed..ugggg . Of to the post office tomorrow morning.