Fabric/Stitched Open Theme ~ Due April 27

Ladies, I'm going to add something to the rules. I hope it's okay. I forgot to say to put your cards in plastic sleeves. I expect you all would anyway but thought I should say it.

KaHeD, have you decided how you are going to weave? I know yarn for both the warp and weft (fill) can give very wonderful results, especially with multiple heddles. (I did some pattern weaving many moons ago.)

I did some woven cards for a swap a while ago. I warped on fixed pegs and picked the stitches. I used string for warps, like my backstrap loom. So it only creates certain types of patterns and can get thick.
The link is:http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=497187.

I am going to pass on this swap. I tried to let you know yesterday but the reply function failed and I didn't discover it until just now. Sorry!

No problem KaHeD. I'll be hosting another fabric swap some time. Maybe then.

ksj, I'm looking forward to seeing the beauties too.

You can make a cardboard loom to ATC size. Cut slots for warping the loom into the edge, your weaving area will be less than ATC size;when you knot and trim fringe, you'll keep fringe within ATC limits.Just weave on the front. When you cut it off and knot the edge, trim it so the fringe is within the ATC limit.

You can make a cardboard loom to ATC size. Cut slots for warping the loom into the edge, your weaving area will be less than ATC size;when you knot and trim fringe, you'll keep fringe within ATC limits.Just weave on the front. When you cut it off and knot the edge, trim it so the fringe is within the ATC limit.

Thank you for the great loom idea! It sounds way easier than my technique and affords more design opportunities.

Well shoot! I was hoping someone would be doing this kind of swap sometime soon, and I missed out. Really need to check the Forum every single day!
Could you wait list me please?

I can do that catladybj. Thanks for being interested. I was worried but it filled up pretty fast. but, then again, 12 isn't very many players I suppose.

Here are my cards....I did them like Crazy Quilt.. :jiggy:

Attachments

• 20190309_133830-1.jpg
    20190309_133830-1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 35
Gorgeous set, cardgal! I love the bottom right one in particular.

As for me, I just finished my "backgrounds" yesterday - they are in a crazy quilt style as well, but I will add some hand embroidery. I just came here to check the swap due date to make sure it's still ok to mail international in two weeks' time. I'm about to leave for a holiday in Spain with my family until the last week in March and I plan to take the embroidery kit with me - I love having a small craft project with me when I travel, and hand embroidery suits that so well. Thank you for all the inspiration so far!

Plenty of time Amapola. I can't wait to see your cards. I love embroidery. Have fun on your trip!

Back
Top Bottom