Fabric/Stitched Open Theme ~ Due April 27

I have been learning embroidery...it's a totally new thing for me. I really like it so far and have found some really cute little patterns. I am going to the store this weekend to get some better fabric and more thread colors.

Glad to hear this swap encouraged you to learn a new craft. I'm anxious to see what you create Haagmm.

I have been learning embroidery...it's a totally new thing for me. I really like it so far and have found some really cute little patterns. I am going to the store this weekend to get some better fabric and more thread colors.

I found a website (pintangle.com) where they are doing 'Take a Stitch Tuesday' (TAST). There are lots of stitches, good directions and eye candy. I assume the ordering of the stitches would give a good foundation and build from there.

I found a website (pintangle.com) where they are doing 'Take a Stitch Tuesday' (TAST). There are lots of stitches, good directions and eye candy. I assume the ordering of the stitches would give a good foundation and build from there.

That is a great website so, informative. I just checked it out! TY for sharing.

One month left ladies! How is everyone coming along w/ their cards? I'm really enjoying the ones that have come in so far and am anxious to see the rest. Make sure you allow enough time when mailing for them to get here by the due date. If I receive everything early I'll swap out early.

I've done a few little practice embroidery pieces and now I'm starting on my stitched ATCs. I hope to have time to get them done this weekend!

I'm making mine this weekend (that's the plan, anyway). I'll then be in the US for a week's holiday after that, so I'll be able to mail them to you from the US. They'll have to come back to the UK, of course, so I'll still put in the postage for that, but at least it makes them a little faster and cheaper on the way there...

One month left ladies! How is everyone coming along w/ their cards? I'm really enjoying the ones that have come in so far and am anxious to see the rest. Make sure you allow enough time when mailing for them to get here by the due date. If I receive everything early I'll swap out early.

Reactions: Jan
Donna - your cards are absolutely fantastic!!

I've finished stitching my designs but I'm wondering about backing? I have fusible interfacing that I can put on the back. Should I fuse them to an ATC card? Or just stick them on with double sided tape? This is the first ATC sized fabric work I've done and I'm at a loss on how to finish them up properly.

About finishing, I have some stiff felt that I cut into card size. I turn under the edge on the fabric to match the card size (or leave a raw edge) and use a blanket stitch to attach the fabric to the felt card. I notice some will zigzag or straight stitch the fabric around the edge. I use scor-tape to attach a paper label on the back.
Hope this helps...

I cut the adia cloth and the backing cotton bigger than ATC size.

I use heat-bond and attach cotton fabric to the back, then cut them to size. After that I write on that fabric with an ink pen.

Been doing it for years and everything seems to be ok still.

I used to attach paper to the back with double sided tape, but being a lazy person at heart I found a quicker method. :laugh:

My cards are in the making, I'm quite happy with how they are turning out and I was able to finish some during my holiday, but I need to make one more, or two. I will pm for your address already, Trini, hoping to be ready to mail before the weekend!

xstitcher, I think I will use your idea this time and just use fabric pen for writing in the back. I've used paper/cardstock background in some previous fabric ATCs, but this time I think they are so sturdy that it is unnecessary.

Back
Top Bottom