Fabric/Stitched Open Theme ~ Due April 27

I'm glad to hear that so many are getting their cards finished up. I know I said stiff backing in the instructions but w/ fabric I meant just that it be backed and not all floppy, not neccasarily(sp?) cardboard stiff. I think everyone realized that though. It's good to hear the tips on how each of you finish the backs of your cards.

View attachment 205470

Here are my four cards - free motion stitching to do the trees and zigzagging around the edges. The centre of the cards is pelmet vilene, so they are fairly stiff. I backed them with a handmade (not by me) paper this time, so there's no card involved, but the vielene is very strong and not at all floppy...

I'll pm you for your address trini, and get these in the mail when I'm in the US - I'll be in the Washington DC area for a week.

My cards are in the mail now! I'm sorry I didn't make it before the weekend, after all. I hope there is still enough time. I will post pics later today.

I expect they'll get here in time Amapola. It seems like mail from your part of the world moves pretty quick.

Donna, your cards arrived yesterday.

Kate, yours got here today.

We're getting close to the due date and I've heard from everyone except one player. I'm going to send her another mssg and hope she's okay and can come through w/ her cards.

Here are my cards - sorry about the blurring - comes with the scanning. They were mailed today.
I had a chance to try out 'confetti cloth'. You take a variety of left over thread, cloth, fiber etc. and apply to cloth. I've seen variations and chose to use tulle to hold it together. I used my sewing machine then hand stitched and added crocheted elements.

1_Fabric1.jpg
1_Fabric2a.jpg
1_Fabric3.jpg
1_Fabric4.jpg

Thanks for sharing your cards ladies. Lorna, your techniques sound interesting. I'm curious to see it in person.

Amapola & LMFibers, your cards arrived today.

All the cards are here, that're going to get here anyway. I'll swap them out this weekend. Thanks everyone for playing!

I dropped all the returns in the mail this morning. Everyone should have their I-trader from me. If you don't, let me know.

When you get your returns remember to leave me an I-trader and post to the group and/or leave you rocks so that everyone knows who got their cards.

Thanks for making my first swap a success!

My cards came today!

Thank you so much for hosting this fun swap, trini70! Love the cards you picked for me.

I received cards from Bunnymthr, Donnacr and Haagmm. Thank you all so much. Your cards are so fun. You rocks have been left for all!!!!!

Got my cards last week - we are in the process of moving/selling and finishing up my son's college baseball season so I am overly thankful for our lovely hostess' follow-up! The cards I received were from xstitcher (love the cactus cross-stitching), katelnorth (beautiful stitched tree - my favorite subject!) and Haagmm (those lambs/sheep were wonderful and just loved your hand work!) Taking all 3 to my monthly fiber art group to show them off!!!
iTraders/you rocks coming...

Back
Top Bottom