TEA-rrific Truths, Mixed media ATC, Due MAY 1, 2019

Media
Due Date: May 1, 2019
Withdrawal date: None just communicate.
Number of Cards: 3:3 or 6:6
Number of participants: 30
Mediums: ALL are welcomed, mixed media, collage, digital, Zentangle, Photography, hand drawn, hand painted. All are welcomed: I will strive to trade media for media, effort for effort, style for style.

Each card needs:

1. A tea tag from a tea bag.

2. A truth, not necessarily about tea, Some tea tags have quotes on them, and this will count. The truth on most tea tags is not about tea, but about life, love and happiness. If your tea tag has other words, then you need to add a truth or quote. Again not necessarily about tea, but it is allowed. See photos of my tea tags below.

3.A teapot or a tea cup.

*Each card must be ATC size, 2.5" x 3.5" inches and on a sturdy base, Shaped cards are welcomed. house shaped, doll shaped cat shaped, but the must meet the size requirement. Please put a note in your swap if you do not want to receive shaped cards.
* All cards should be sent in plastic sleeves or a 3 by 3 card protector
* All cards must be original works not reprints
* Each card does not need to be different, but can be if you choose that route. You can make 3 or 6 the same if you want, no one will shame you.
* The back of your card needs your name, and AFA user name, Please add the swap name to the back as well: Tea-rrifc Truths, 2019.
*Stickers are allowed as a small embellishment only. Please don’t make it your main focus.

ABOUT MAILING AND POSTAGE

* When you're ready to mail, please PM me for my address, but I have not moved in 15 years.
* I dont need a SASE, just give me an sticky address label and some return postage. I will provide the envelopes. If you want to send a SASE that is fine with me.

* USA players it will cost one USA forever stamp to return 3 cards to you, and 70 cents or more for 6 cards. If you use any embellishments that are thick: Gems, brads, staples, big flowers, please add one 15 cent stamp for each card. These require extra postage and a visit to the PO to have them hand canceled. I dont mind going to the PO. I live one mile from the PO.

* International players it will cost me $1.15 to to return 3 cards to you. Please enclose a global USA stamp, or $1, or contact me for alternatives. If you use any embellishments that are thick: Gems, brads, staples, big flowers, please add one 15 cent stamp for each card. These require extra postage and a visit to the PO to have them hand canceled.

I project that it will cost me $2.30 to send 6 cards internationally depending on weight. I will gladly take your countries postage equivalent, as I do join international swaps from time to time.

Returns
* When you receive your returns, please leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists. It is always nice to tell the player which card you received too.

There is no penalty for withdrawal, and no withdrawal date, but please communicate, no cards, no communication may result in neutral itrader from me the host. I will swap right away, so please mail by the mail by date. In general, it takes 5 days for USA, 2 weeks for Canada, France, etc, 3 weeks for AU.

If your name is blue it is a link to your cards posted in the thread, your name will turn a tea color when your cards have arrived, and you will also get trader from me that day.

These are standard normal tea tags and perfectly acceptable to use on the cards.
1_tea_tags_004.JPG

These are tea tags with quotes or words of truth (at least to someone)

1_tea_tags_003.JPG

Yogi and GOOD Earth, and Traditional Medicinals tend to have these quotes on their tags.

PLAYERS IN abc order

:idea:means you invited someone, or were invite by someone other than me, the host.

please invite a friend. Please tell the friend that you invite to post, that you invited them. When that happens, I will take note, and make sure that you get and your invited friend get a giftie. Doesn't that sound fun, Just like a tea party?

your name will turn a TEA color when your cards have arrived.

***aginghippychic
Ali
*** Allegrae
Ancientplanter :idea:
*** Angeljoy
****AnitaMac
AuntieDeb
Barbwat
***Bunnymther
*** Dnewton972
****Donnacr
Franzia
Gypsy
***Haagmm cards
HushedKitty
Kae.Ryan
*** KaHed
Karr3ll
***Kesagers
***ksj1717 :idea:
megan457
***leydab
*** Mrubyjean
Mushu
***Mwilding
***Nanvan:idea:
***Pikkis
Purplegaltt
smallgirl
***SUZI
tekamarie
Trailrider
***TSMarie

***VickiZ:idea:

Last edited:
I am back from the Library, Walmart and Michaels.
Examples of tea tags with quotes AKA as truths, and examples of other tea tags. Either will work for the swap. I will post these images in the directions too.

These are standard normal tea tags and perfectly acceptable to use on the cards.
1_tea_tags_004.JPG

These are tea tags with quotes or words of truth (at least to someone)

1_tea_tags_003.JPG

Yogi and GOOD Earth, and Traditional Medicinals tend to have these quotes on their tags.

Last edited:
I would love to join, but I only use loose-leaf tea, thus no tea tags! If I manage to find some, then I'll join, but I must lurk until then.

I would love to join, but I only use loose-leaf tea, thus no tea tags! If I manage to find some, then I'll join, but I must lurk until then.

Well good news, I have this envelope that needs to go to you but needs a trip to the PO.( because it needs to be hand canceled) So I will slip some in and if you want to join yeah, and if not, then I have less clutter at my house.

Back
Top Bottom