Idioms ~ April 19th, 2019

Beverley

May we find solace in art...
Friend of AFA
Media
Due Date: April 19th, 2019
Participants: Unlimited
Withdraw By: No date... just communicate!
Medium: All (except digital, stickers, prints and photography)
3:3

~* An idiom is an expression that takes on a figurative meaning when certain words are combined, which is different from the literal definition of the individual words. For example, let's say I said: 'Don't worry, driving out to your house is a piece of cake.' ... But in this context, it's a well-known idiom. ~*
View attachment 203605
View attachment 203606

Here are a few links to help with ideas:
IDIOM LIST
The Idioms.com
The English Club
Grammarist

* All Players must have their cards to me by the due date.
* All coming in after that date will be returned.
* Pm me for my address when you are ready to mail.
* Post to the thread to sign up for the swap.

No ATCs and no communication will result in a neutral itrader rating. Communication is very important in any swap. I will leave itrader for all players the day I receive your cards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NO envelopes necessary; just a clear mailing label with your address written clearly.

I AM IN CANADA, SO PLEASE GIVE ENOUGH TIME TO GET YOUR CARDS TO ME IN THE MAIL.
USA Players - Please include same amount of postage used to mail them to me, or a discreetly hidden $1.
CANADA Players - Please include same amount of postage used to mail them to me.
INTERNATIONAL Players - Please include a discreetly hidden $1 or extra USA postage stamps.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to leave " Rep Points " for those players whose ATC you received. A " itrader " for me the host would be great too.

Who would like to play?

1) Beverley ~ Arrived!
2) KaHeD ~ Arrived!
3) aginghippychic ~ Arrived!
4) Donnacr ~ Arrived!
5) kathleenlovesflorida ~ Arrived!
6) josiesuelupin - withdrawn
7) CastleQueen5 ~ Arrived!
8) PaintedChairs ~ Arrived!
9) sarat ~ Arrived!
etc.

Last edited:
Yay!! Thank you for joining me KaHeD… adding you to the list right now :)
Lurkers... lurk away!! Hope you all come on board.

Idioms were always my favorite subject to teach my more advanced ESL students! I'd have them make posters of them, just like giant ATCs for this swap :twitcy: But for the moment I'll sit around on the lurkers' couch while I see if I can get some done myself. I think I still have some of my idiom books somewhere...

Back
Top Bottom