Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 141 to 159 of 159

Thread: Fabulous Flashcards Challenge Due May 10th, 2019

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    2,823
    Gallery Count
    268
    Comment Count
    1807
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AnitaMac View Post
    CQ5 and nanvan, I didn't realise that the 'B' card could potentially cause trouble, (although I agree that there may be issues typing the word out directly on this site). I suppose I'm just used to the Aussie way of throwing around bad words amongst friends without any intention of causing offence. But I am relieved that nanvan and BluSkyHare have both said that they like the 'B' card, so I haven't offended everyone in this swap - phew!

    By the way, my cards have been posted and are on their way.
    Not offended in the least! I think your card is very clever and funny and I identified with it! LOL!
    There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. Leonard Cohen

  2. Thanks AnitaMac thanked this post
  3. #142
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    11,114
    Gallery Count
    162
    Comment Count
    342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AnitaMac View Post
    CQ5 and nanvan, I didn't realise that the 'B' card could potentially cause trouble, (although I agree that there may be issues typing the word out directly on this site). I suppose I'm just used to the Aussie way of throwing around bad words amongst friends without any intention of causing offence. But I am relieved that nanvan and BluSkyHare have both said that they like the 'B' card, so I haven't offended everyone in this swap - phew!

    By the way, my cards have been posted and are on their way.
    ONce Carol mentioned that the search engines might pick up something Negative about... umm say the president... I thought it might be best to avoid any words that they might want to get a Google link attached to it.

  4. #143
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    11,114
    Gallery Count
    162
    Comment Count
    342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dnewton972 View Post
    Thank you! I don't believe for a moment that you don't have a beautiful mind. You create. That is beautiful and a wonderful blessing!
    Right now my mind is coffee deprived.

    My son, informed me that coffee actually shuts down the sleep receptors, that is the science guy at work. Have a convo, about coffee and get a science lesson.

  5. Likes nanvan liked this post
  6. #144
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    11,114
    Gallery Count
    162
    Comment Count
    342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AnitaMac View Post
    CQ5 and nanvan, I didn't realise that the 'B' card could potentially cause trouble, (although I agree that there may be issues typing the word out directly on this site). I suppose I'm just used to the Aussie way of throwing around bad words amongst friends without any intention of causing offence. But I am relieved that nanvan and BluSkyHare have both said that they like the 'B' card, so I haven't offended everyone in this swap - phew!

    By the way, my cards have been posted and are on their way.

    Oh no I am sure no one is offended. I actually like cards like that, and think they are funny. I esp like Im an not always A B, sometimes I am sleeping. and things about being a B and coffee.

  7. Likes AnitaMac, nanvan liked this post
  8. #145
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    2,823
    Gallery Count
    268
    Comment Count
    1807
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CastleQueen5 View Post
    ONce Carol mentioned that the search engines might pick up something Negative about... umm say the president... I thought it might be best to avoid any words that they might want to get a Google link attached to it.
    Well, that's interesting!
    There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. Leonard Cohen

  9. #146
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    11,114
    Gallery Count
    162
    Comment Count
    342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by micaela View Post
    This sounds great! Excited to participate!
    You realize this is a no withdrawal swap?

  10. #147
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    11,114
    Gallery Count
    162
    Comment Count
    342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Karr3ll View Post
    Thank you 😊
    I take it this was a thank you because your envelope arrived? I am updating the list.

  11. #148
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    11,114
    Gallery Count
    162
    Comment Count
    342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cardgal your fun cards arrived. Thank you for the option of a hostess card. I think I like I resemble that the most.

  12. #149
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    11,114
    Gallery Count
    162
    Comment Count
    342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bluskyhare, your fab flashcards arrived. I really like the Paralysis, with the spider. I am also a sucker for a card with a coffee or tea on it.

  13. #150
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    France and USA
    Posts
    863
    Gallery Count
    19
    Comment Count
    42
    Post Thanks / Like
    Castlequeen
    <<<<<Hmmm need to check my math. >>>>>>>

    I think i am your 30th person...i do not see my name on there.

  14. Thanks CastleQueen5 thanked this post
  15. #151
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    MA-USA
    Posts
    245
    Gallery Count
    56
    Comment Count
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    20190321_084347.jpg
    Here is my set, hope you like them!

  16. Likes nanvan, CastleQueen5, AnitaMac liked this post
  17. #152
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    2,823
    Gallery Count
    268
    Comment Count
    1807
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your set is great, CreativeMelodia!
    There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. Leonard Cohen

  18. Thanks CreativeMelodia thanked this post
  19. #153
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    11,114
    Gallery Count
    162
    Comment Count
    342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monroy28 View Post
    Castlequeen
    <<<<<Hmmm need to check my math. >>>>>>>

    I think i am your 30th person...i do not see my name on there.

    Thank you, I was scratching my head.

  20. #154
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    11,114
    Gallery Count
    162
    Comment Count
    342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CreativeMelodia View Post
    20190321_084347.jpg
    Here is my set, hope you like them!

    Very creative use of words. Remember the words are random so I have no idea which words players received. So I gather trophy was one in your envelope. You did a great job of using it.

    When medically the word is trophy is used it means
    -trophy
    Suffix denoting food, nutrition.
    [G. trophē, nourishment]

    I had no idea, until I just now looked it up. I was hoping to see some fun uses of the medical words. Which is exactly what you did.

    BTW your cross stitch items in your gallery are impressive too.
    Last edited by CastleQueen5; Yesterday at 12:55 PM.

  21. #155
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    MA-USA
    Posts
    245
    Gallery Count
    56
    Comment Count
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CastleQueen5 View Post
    Very creative use of words. Remember the words are random so I have no idea which words players received. So I gather trophy was one in your envelope. You did a great job of using it.

    When medically the word is trophy is used it means
    -trophy
    Suffix denoting food, nutrition.
    [G. trophē, nourishment]

    I had no idea, until I just now looked it up. I was hoping to see some fun uses of the medical words.

    BTW your cross stitch items in your gallery are impressive too.
    I am so sorry! Should I have used the medical version of the word then? Didn't know it was a medical word, the only one I had that i knew to be a medical word was the cochlea. No ideas on how to do that one, sorry again! Would you like me to try and draw the medical version?

  22. #156
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    11,114
    Gallery Count
    162
    Comment Count
    342
    Post Thanks / Like
    No you did it absolutely correct.

    I was just telling others about the medical term, as it was also new to me.

  23. Thanks CreativeMelodia thanked this post
  24. #157
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    MA-USA
    Posts
    245
    Gallery Count
    56
    Comment Count
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CastleQueen5 View Post
    No you did it absolutely correct.
    Okay, thanks again

  25. #158
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    11,114
    Gallery Count
    162
    Comment Count
    342
    Post Thanks / Like
    My words were abnormal, retina and middle, and none of my cards are medical.

  26. #159
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    120
    Gallery Count
    69
    Comment Count
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love your set of cards, CreativeMelodia!

  27. Thanks CreativeMelodia thanked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •