Meet My Mailbox, Open media Due May 7th, 2019

Media
Due Date: May 7, 2019
Withdrawal date: None just communicate.
Number of Cards: 3:3 or 6:6
Number of participants: 30
Mediums: ALL are welcomed, mixed media, collage, digital, Zentangle, Photography, hand drawn, hand painted. All are welcomed: I will strive to trade media for media, effort for effort, style for style.
Meet My Mailbox

Each card needs: A mailbox as the focal point Any kind of mailbox, a blue box, mail boxes from other countries, PO boxes, You get the idea. Any medium.

We would love to see your mailbox either in a card or just sharing an image, but it is not required to join the swap.
This is my mailbox :
1_my_mailbox_001.JPG

This is a manatee mailbox, I saw in Michigan

1_manatee_mailbox.JPG

*Each card must be ATC size, 2.5" x 3.5" inches and on a sturdy base.
* All cards should be sent in plastic sleeves or a 3 by 3 card protector
* All cards must be original works not reprints
* Each card does not need to be different, but can be if you choose that route. You can make 3 or 6 the same if you want, no one will shame you.
* The back of your card needs your name, and AFA user name, Please add the swap name to the back as well: Meet My Mailbox, 2019.
*Stickers are allowed as a small embellishment only. Please don’t make it your main focus.

ABOUT MAILING AND POSTAGE

* When you're ready to mail, please PM me for my address, but I have not moved in 15 years.
* I dont need a SASE, just give me an sticky address label and some return postage. I will provide the envelopes. If you want to send a SASE that is fine with me.

* USA players it will cost one USA forever stamp to return 3 cards to you, and 70 cents or more for 6 cards. If you use any embellishments that are thick: Gems, brads, staples, big flowers, please add one 15 cent stamp for each card. These require extra postage and a visit to the PO to have them hand canceled. I dont mind going to the PO. I live one mile from the PO.

* International players it will cost me $1.15 to to return 3 cards to you. Please enclose a global USA stamp, or $1, or contact me for alternatives. If you use any embellishments that are thick: Gems, brads, staples, big flowers, please add one 15 cent stamp for each card. These require extra postage and a visit to the PO to have them hand canceled.

I project that it will cost me $2.30 to send 6 cards internationally depending on weight. I will gladly take your countries postage equivalent, as I do join international swaps from time to time.

Returns
* When you receive your returns, please leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists. It is always nice to tell the player which card you received too.

There is no penalty for withdrawal, and no withdrawal date, but please communicate, no cards, no communication may result in neutral itrader from me the host. I will swap right away, so please mail by the mail by date.

If your name is blue it is a link to your cards posted in the thread, your name will turn a mailbox color when your cards have arrived, and you will also get trader from me that day.

Last edited:
You know back a while ago, ok more than 10 years. My daughter had a boyfriend named Teddy who had skills involving welding and iron works. He made me the mailbox, a gift, and mainly to get on my good side.

I am lurking! My mailbox is atrocious.... I should get a new one, but the neighborhood brats tend to beat them with baseball bats!

Back
Top Bottom