POSTAGE STAMP MIXUP 2 ~~ATC Swap Due April 16, 2019

I think I will get my extra stamps out tomorrow and look them over. I have a big stash of stamps! As a stamp collector, I put all of my excess stamps in a container for crafting purposes!

If you like these, I’d love to play!
1_50F399CA-ABC8-40FF-8F1F-DCBD9B0D0B5E.jpeg

Pulled out my extra large Postal Service envelope of stamps and made four cards this weekend.
When I went to the post office on Saturday to by stamps, I asked for the "non-machinable" stamps.
The guy said there was no such a thing!
I said, "Oh yes, I buy them often. They are big blue butterflies, unless they've been changed"
He said no again, no such thing and tried to sell me some other stamps, like 79 cents stamps or something.
I said, "no they say non-machinable surcharge" on them.
He argued with me again, until another worker came over and agreed with me!
I finally got my non-machinables, but really----if the guy hadn't heard of them before, why did he argue with me? Why didn't he just ask someone??

Ok, I'm done venting. Thanks!

:twitcy:

Pulled out my extra large Postal Service envelope of stamps and made four cards this weekend.
When I went to the post office on Saturday to by stamps, I asked for the "non-machinable" stamps.
I said, "Oh yes, I buy them often. They are big blue butterflies, unless they've been changed"
He said no again, no such thing and tried to sell me some other stamps, like 79 cents stamps or something.
I finally got my non-machinables, but really----if the guy hadn't heard of them before, why did he argue with me? Why didn't he just ask someone??

That sounds like it was very frustrating! Sometimes I wonder about those post office clerks. I once took an envelope to mine, and asked if it had enough postage, and the guy looked at it and said, probably. No scale, or anything! He also put non machinable stamps on my overseas mail once! The letter to Australia actually made it through, but the one to Belgium was returned. I don’t have much confidence in him anyway.

Thanks for checking out the Swap, silky1150. I hope you have time to join us!

Last edited:

It's a large yellow butterfly now.
This website lists some of the new 2019 stamps. I am really excited!
http://www.stampnewsnow.com/uspsnewissues.html

I just asked for 15 cent stamps today and confirmed that it was the price of the non-machinable charge. The stamp is ugly and says "2017 additional ounce USA" on it. I didn't even know they had a "non-machinable" stamp until I read this post.

I just asked for 15 cent stamps today and confirmed that it was the price of the non-machinable charge. The stamp is ugly and says "2017 additional ounce USA" on it. I didn't even know they had a "non-machinable" stamp until I read this post.

They sold you the additional ounce stamp which can be used along with the forever stamp to get to the amount needed for a non-machinable stamp. I use the non-machinable for thicker envelopes, like when I'm sending six or more cards, but you can definitely use the forever plus additional ounce stamps together, instead.

Thanks for checking out the Swap, catladybj.... I hope that you come back and join us.

Back
Top Bottom