POSTAGE STAMP MIXUP 2 ~~ATC Swap Due April 16, 2019

I am now buying the pears, 10cents, and the grapes 5 cents and adding them when needed to the envelope for an extra ounce or for non machinable.

I have a bunch of those stamps too! But I have a roll of the penguins too! I am set for a while with extra ounce postage ;)

Just curious - why?

The cost of the extra ounce was 21 cents, and you could buy the penguin and those ugly Uncle Sam hats.

Well the cost went down to 15 cents, and If I buy a bunch of 5 cents stamps, I can also use them for the international postage. Now international cost me two forevers and. 5 cent, where as it used to cost me two forevers, and 10 cent Pear and. 5 cent grape.

Also if it non machinable AND over 1 ounce, I can use THREE 10 cent pears.

I also like fun stamps.

BSH, love your cards! I really like how you've left bits of the envelopes but coloured them to blend with the backgrounds - I think I'll steal that idea! My favourites are the green (love green) and the goldy-orange with birds.

Great Cards, BluSkyHare! Did you notice that they sell those “lovely” Uncle Sams Hat stamps in a roll of 100 now? :eek: I believe that they used to come in strips before. I wonder who designed such an ugly thing?

BSH- your cards are fantastic! Wow- I like them all.

I agree about the Uncle Sams Hat stamps...why can't they just go away!! I often just slap on 2 Forever stamps and it covers the non-machinable and an extra ounce if needed. Otherwise, giving away the extra few cents is worth it to me to use fun stamps.

I am part of a postcard swapping website and send lots of them internationally. I often lament the boring old international stamps. Literally, yesterday it dawned on me that I could use the fun forever stamps - they just have to add up to be the right amount. Why had I not thought of that before? So I bought a sheet of the new cactus flowers forever stamps and 20 of the 5 cent grape stamps.

thanks for the likes!

And Haagmm, I agree--I like to send interesting stamps on international stamps whenever I can. I think players appreciate it. I know I do when I receive them from overseas.

I like the yellow flower and the bird card, and adore the fish one because the background is so awesome

I swear to you, I thought the Uncle Sam Hats stamps were SILOS. I had them upside down for a long time. They do look like Silos upside down. You know a silo for storing grain? Can you tell I grew up in the midwest of the USA?

I was asking the clerk for the Silo stamps until someone pointed out they were men in tall hats.

Ok, I can see that! They could pass for silos, when upsidedown. No matter how you look at it though, they are quite unattractive!

So, I can't find my stamp collection. I'm pretty sure I gave it to one of the boys when they expressed a slight interest and now they all say "not me", "not me", "not me". I decided to break down and buy a bag of 300 used stamps at Hobby Lobby for $7. I'd say about half of them are stupid flags! Yuck! Has anyone else purchased these before; if yes, what kind of selection did you get? Apart from being mostly flags, everything else is the same 10 or so stamps over and over again. I should have spent the $7 on new stamps that were actually cool, i guess!

Back
Top Bottom