Swap Due Date: Due April 19, 2019
Signup/Withdraw Date: Due April 19, 2019
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: Any and all media and techniques are welcome
May Day / Welcome Spring, Due April 19, 2019

Returns Mailed

WELCOME SPRING
In the northern hemisphere, after a frigid early winter; and a long, damp, later winter;
March thaws, April Showers, May flowers, not to mention dancing 'round a Maypole,
seems a wonderful way to welcome Spring.

First there are March thaws, and Snow Showers (snow mixed with rain and ice).....Beautiful to look at (if one is inside)
Your cards can show trees or plants in the snow, buildings in the snow, people in the snow
Next there are April Showers, which includes anything falling from the sky........rain, sleet, snow, hail,
Valentine Day Hearts, "raining" cats and dogs, falling frogs....
Then there are the early Spring Flowers, often peeking through the snow in some southern states.
Yes, there are Spring Flowers growing in open places in the snow.
Hyacinths and Daffodils are usually the first to peek out their colorful heads.....perhaps tulips.
Spring is associated with flowers and fun, fertility, flower baskets, rain, ribbons, and Maypole Dances.
Other associations include birds, birds nests, eggs, and new spring flowers.

In the Celtic religion, Beltane is a festival held around the first of May, sometimes from April 28 to May 2nd, depending on weather, celebrating the beginning of the pastoral summer season and open pasturing.
Herds of livestock were driven out to the summer pastures and mountain grazing lands. Beltane was one of two turning points in the year, the other being November 1 (Samhain), the start of winter. At both, the bounds between the human and supernatural worlds were erased. On May Eve, witches and fairies roamed freely, and measures had to be taken against their enchantments.

In ancient Ireland, Beltane bonfires played a role in May Day festivities.
As late as the 19th century in Ireland, cattle were driven between two bonfires on Beltane as a magical means of protecting them from disease. (This practice has some truth associated since driving livestock close to the intense heat of a bonfire gets rid of bugs, parasites, and insect eggs). Jumping the Fire is another custom.

Don't forget the food. When you feast for Spring, think about foods that symbolize fertility and the growing season of the earth. Anything leafy or green is fair game, or fertility foods such as eggs, fruits and vegetables. Load up your dinner table with tasty treats that remind you that new life is about to begin.

The entire first week of May is "National Herb Week"!!
Hide the salt shaker and experiment with fresh or dry herbs for seasoning.
Plant your very own herb garden. Herbs are healthy, tasty, and can be grown in a pretty pot on your windowsill for use FRESH, or if you have room, plant an herb garden so you can use some herbs fresh, and also dry some herbs for use later.

* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make 3 or 6 cards and receive the same number back.

* ALL mediums and techniques are welcome.
Please make sure you add some depth to your cards, whatever style you choose. Your mediums can include, but are not limited to: paper, tissue paper, crayon, acrylic, watercolor, gel pens, colored pencil, rubber stamping, ink, newspaper clippings, magazine clippings, etc. Please do not take a magazine image, cut it into a square, glue it onto some colored paper, and call it done. Make the ATC YOUR CREATION! I do ask that you send in your best work --- something you would not be disappointed in receiving if it was sent to you.

*Please sign up by posting to this thread.
* ONLY ATCs allowed. No APCs accepted.
* All cards need to be standard ATC size: 2.5” x 3.5”
* All cards need to be sent each in their own plastic sleeve. This is for their protection!
* All cards need to be sturdy enough to earn the name “card” (no floppy or flimsy paper). If your ATC is drawn or otherwise created on a single sheet of paper, and "flimsy", please back your ATC with something stiffer, such as a cereal box. Just as important, check for cards that are too thick. Each card must still be capable of fitting into the standard ATC sleeve. If your ATC will not fit into an ATC sleeve, it is too bulky.
* Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of all cards. And please write clearly on everything!
.....We can't give you itrades and/or You Rock! points if we don't know who you are.
* Please confirm there is enough postage on the envelope.
.....Please check both the envelope you send to me, and the envelope I need to send back to you.
* If you are unsure about mailing ATCs, or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping, here is a great link.
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909

* If you are inside the U.S., please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches, with 55 cents postage, or one "Forever" stamp if trading 3 cards, OR additional postage or two "Forever" stamps if trading 6 cards, OR if your cards are extra heavy.

* Canadian and other International participants, if you have U.S. funds, or U.S. postage, it is greatly appreciated. Please send $1.00 or 1 "Forever" stamp. However, since many of you do not have access to U.S. stamps, I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (10 x 28 cm), or if you do not have the correct size envelope, please include a large mailing label with your address and I will provide the envelope.
* I apologize for being so demanding about the envelope size, but the postal rates in the US charge extra for thickness. When cards are stacked, or overlapped, in (a smaller) envelope, it almost always costs more to mail. If you send me a small envy, the cards get stacked. When I use the 4 inch by 9 1/2 inch business size envelopes, I can spread the cards over the area, making a THIN package, and only pay for basic (minimum) postage.

* Cards are due to me by April 19, 2019. Please allow sufficient lead time for cards to get to me, particularly if you are an International participant. Returns will be mailed promptly. Late cards will be returned, as it is unfair to those participants who always have their cards in early or on time.

* A hostie card in this theme is appreciated but not at all expected!

* Thank you for considering this swap! If you have my address from previous swaps, it hasn't changed. If you are new, or have misplaced my address, please send me a PM.

* Above all ~Have fun!!!

Current Participants:
May Day / Welcome Spring, Due April 19, 2019
Blue means cards have been received

1. An. M. Sudyka
*2. Boots
*3. Gypsy
*4. Vicki Z

* INTERNATIONAL

Last edited:
Spring is coming.....
But not quite yet
It is snowing today
The white stuff is wet

12 inches they say
The snowplows will run
But by May
We finally get sun

First there are March thaws, and Snow Storm/Showers (snow mixed with rain and ice).....Beautiful to look at (if one is inside)
Your cards can show trees or plants in the snow, buildings in the snow, people in the snow

Last edited:
We just received 8 inches of snow, and 3-4 more inches predicted for today.

But they say that Spring is coming.....SOON!!!!!

APRIL SHOWERS
Rain followed by raining Valentine Day Hearts, raining snow storms, "raining" cats and dogs/bunnies and baby kitties, or falling frogs....
Cards can depict anything falling from the sky

Rain drops can be shown with glossy accents, gesso, acrylic paint, Nuvo drops, or whatever works for you.

Not familiar with Nuvo Drops ? — Tonic Studios USA
The Nuvo Glitter Drops range contains sixteen beautiful colours which are ideal for adding some extra sparkle to your projects. Drying in a rounded 3D shape, the Glitter Drops allow you to create and finish your designs with delightfully rounded beads, featuring a little added glamour.

Last edited:
As of today, we have more snow on the ground since 1991, with was Minnesota's Halloween Blizzard.
This snow has melted, repeatedly, and has been rained on, as the weather warmed a few days this winter, so the snow contains up to 8 inches of water, which, when it melts, could cause major flooding.

Should be a wet Spring, with lots of Spring flowers!

Sign me up for May Day/Welcome Spring, and it sounds like you'll really welcome Spring this year. It might not be snow for us, but we are having a lot of rain.

My cards are ready and will be in the mail soon. I'd post them, but I have trouble getting the photos to upload. I get an error message. Any tips?

It depends on the error message.....
If the error messages says you have no space, then you have more cards posted than the site allows.
.....This includes postings both in your gallery and on threads
If the error message says the file is too large, you need to reduce the size of your picture.
.....that means reduce the number of KB used
If the error message says you have the wrong format, you need to change the picture to a "jpg"
.....I think there is another file extension in addition to jpg, but I know jpg works
If the error says only "error", it might be that you are too "New"
.....New members need to have a certain number of posts before they can post pictures

P.S.
I sent you my address via PM
I am looking forward to your cards

Your cards are not here yet, but we got a bunch of snow overnight, and more predicted for tonight and tomorrow, so they may be slightly delayed.
I will let you know when they arrive.

Returns have been mailed out.
Returns have been confirmed as received.
I am archiving this Swap.

Thanks for participating.

Back
Top Bottom