On The Other Hand, HandDrawn/HandPainted: Due April 26,2019

jo.on.the.go

going, going, always going
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
The Swap Due Date: April 26,2019
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: 20 (This is my second swap)
Medium: Hand Drawn/Hand Painted (no embellishments)

As you may have heard, I fractured the wrist on my drawing hand, and I have resorted to drawing and painting with my non-dominant hand. This swap is an opportunity for you to join me and test your talents by creating a drawing or painting with your non-dominant hand. Any theme is acceptable: landscapes, animals, flowers, zentangles ...whatever you want. Don't be shy - this is a new challenge and nobody is expecting your creations to look like what you make using your "good hand".

CARD GUIDELINES
* Only ATCs allowed. Cards need to measure 2.5" x 3.5" and must be sturdy enough to earn the name "card" (no floppy or flimsy paper).
* Each completed ATC should be in an individual vinyl sleeve for added protection.
* Cards should be be labeled on the back with your username, real name, name of swap, and a descriptive title.
* Please consider posting your finished cards in this thread and in the gallery. We all love eye candy and it serves as an inspiration for everybody!
* A host ATC is appreciated and will be treasured, but is not a requirement!

MAILING GUIDELINES
* Please PM me for my address when cards are ready to send.
* Keep the due date in mind. I suggest that US players mail the cards at least 7 days for before the due date and international players mail the cards at least 14 days before the due date.
* US Players: Please send a large label with your name and address clearly printed, and include 55 cents postage or one "Forever" stamp. I WILL PROVIDE ENVELOPES.
* International Players: Please send a large label with your name and address clearly printed. I will provide postage for the first three international players. Additional players please send $1 or a "Forever" Global stamp. I WILL PROVIDE ENVELOPES.

I-TRADERS and YOU-ROCKS
* I-Traders will be given when I receive your ATCs.
* When you receive your cards, please don't forget to leave you rock points for the artists whose ATCs you receive, and an I-Trader for me.

1. Essy received; returns received
2. Haagmm received; returns received
3. aginghippychic received; returns received
4. Seascape131 received; returns received
5. mcgillisj (first international) received; returns received
6. mwilding received; returns received
7. sarat received; returns received
8. plumhill2001 received; returns received
9. Ancient Planter received; returns received
10. CherubsGarden received
11. Foxglove received; returns received

Last edited:
I'm really sorry to hear about your injury. How very frustrating for you. I hope you heal quickly and soon get back to making your usual lovely art.

I would love to have a go at using my non-dominant hand. I'm not sure what the outcome will be, but sign me up please. It should be fun

Interesting theme...sorry about your wrist, but visiting the Galapagos
sounds super cool! Please sign me up :)

I'm sorry to hear about your injury but I agree, a visit to the Galapagos...wow!!!

Half of my self is saying NO but the other half says YES! So I will join as long as there's no judging. I fear that I have no fine motor skills in my non-dominate hand.

Welcome to our group, Haagmm. Absolutely no judging allowed here!

Yes, a visit to the Galapagos was wonderful. I fell on my second day out but I didn't allow it to spoil my fun. Of course I could no longer swim, snorkel or kyack, but I still saw the animals and unusual scenery...not to mention a short field trip to a very small hospital on an island two days after the accident. It was two days before we visited an island inhabited by people! Our tour group consisted of 15 people, and three were doctors - so my wrist was checked out thoroughly before I even saw a hospital.

Here is my first card. It is a Galapagos Sea Lion. Before you say "Impossible to do other-handed", remember that for two months I have been eating, writing, brushing my teeth and everything else with my non-dominant hand. One learns!

View attachment 203809 Galapagos Sea Lion

Plumhill2001 and Stahlrala - you are free to lurk as much as you want - but maybe you could spend your time drawing for us!

if i try doing these on different days, i might have some luck - different things factor into this for me!

please add my name, jo .. might i ask how you shattered your wrist?

Glad to have you in the swap mwilding.

While in the Galapagos, we were hiking on Santiago Island exploring the pahoehoe lava, which is the lava that appears like rope. We were walking on uneven ground and there was a lot of gravel, and I just lost my footing and fell down. I was probably off balance because I was carrying my camera in my right hand and looking ahead to take another photo. I landed on my right side and to try to break my fall, I extended my right hand onto the lava to catch myself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom