On The Other Hand, HandDrawn/HandPainted: Due April 26,2019

This is such a neat idea! I tried to learn to write with my left hand a few years ago, but didn't get very far, haha. Lurking for now!

I guess it goes to show that you should have some skill with your dominant hand before assuming you will have some with your NON-dominant hand. Everything that I have created so far is crap and so I must withdraw.
Especially as the cards shown in the thread so far are better than I could create with my dominant hand. ​Ah well. . .

Donnacr, I am sorry to see you drop out. This really is a non-judgmental swap, but I can understand why you don't want to play if you feel that your cards aren't "good enough" - I think we always want our cards to be perfect. Just for your information, I didn't even attempt doing non-dominant hand art until I had been without the use of my dominant hand for almost two months!

There's so much lovely work being done -- and a dachshund! And birds! Gotta love it.

Donnacr - I'm sure your work was great, just not to your left-brained inner critic. Hey, look at Picasso! I think his work is crap, yet people pay more than I could hope to make in a lifetime just on one piece. It's all in the eye of the beholder, as they say :eek: :twitcy:

Wow, CherubsGarden...that was some fast drawing and painting. They are lovely and I’m looking forward to receiving them.

I have been following this thread for a while, and I am just blown away by what you all have done! I am lurking for now, but I am motivated to try my hand at this (non-dominate, of course!)

Jo, it was a beautiful 80 degree day today and I had nothing to do except sit outside and paint. I had all day to do those 4 ATCs. I enjoyed doing it. My daughter and I were cracking up at my attempts to draw and paint with my left hand. Thanks for the fun swap!!!

Back
Top Bottom