On The Other Hand, HandDrawn/HandPainted: Due April 26,2019

The swap is over. Thank you everybody for participating. There were two things that really impressed me as a hostess:

1) The enthusiasm that everybody showed. I received so many notes from you saying that this was a real challenge, but that it was satisfying as well. Many said that it provided them a new way of looking at art and sometimes even a new way of painting.

2) The encouragement and praise you provided to each other. When I went to swap cards, I looked both within the thread and in each person's gallery to see what comments were made. I was amazed at how many comments there were. And your praise made it fairly easy for me to swap cards, because I tried to give everybody who commented at least one card they specifically commented upon. Of course I had to make some decisions if a particular card was liked by two or more of you. But overall, I think each of you will be happy with the cards you receive.

I will mail the cards tomorrow. Please remember to pass out those "you rocks" when the cards arrive.

A number of you asked how my hand is healing. The doctor said that the bones have mended well. I still can't make a fist, and the doctor said that this may be because the once very necessary plate may now be interfering with some movement. I may need more surgery but I won't know for two months. However, in the meantime I can slowly draw with my dominant hand again. But I find myself switching back and forth.

Thanks again for your participation.

I received beautiful non-dominant art from plumhill2001, cherubsgarden, and mwilding

Jo - thank you for hosting such a fantastic swap. I really enjoyed the challenge and found my own non-dominant art to be oddly pleasing to the eye. I am usually so hard on my self with drawing.

wonderful art received from plumhill2001, seascape131, and jo.on.the.go! this was very challenging, like a dive off a cliff - but fun when i survived! thank you jo, for hosting this!

Sorry, I forgot to post here that I received mine a few days ago. I must have given reps and iTrader and then forgot to come back here! Duh! :twitcy::eek::rolleyes:
I got great cards from Ancient Planter (Mt. Fuji #3), mcgillisj (White Tiger) and Seascape 131 (bluebird and poppies)! Thanks everyone! This was a lot of fun, Jo! Thanks! :)

Got home from a week at Lake Tahoe last night and found my amazing returns waiting for me! Much thanks and admiration going to Essy, aginghippychic, and Haagmm, and a HUGE THANK YOU!! to jo.on.the.go for challenging us to create art this way! Now to leave iTrader and You Rocks!!

Back
Top Bottom