DYNAMITE DIES and PERFECT PUNCHES, Due May 8,2019

Thanks for the invite, I would have missed this and I have lots of dies ...... I won't sign up just now but lurk until I can find time to create these ATCs. Have to clear a space on the desk to get out the Grand Calibre but when I do ......

Thanks for the invite, I would have missed this and I have lots of dies ...... I won't sign up just now but lurk until I can find time to create these ATCs. Have to clear a space on the desk to get out the Grand Calibre but when I do ......

Sounds great, Bishopsmate.
Hope you can clear a space on the desk, and join us.

P.S.
LOVE the reference to Grand Calibre!!!!

Last edited:
Super Cards!
I think I shall go down the Steampunk Route .... any excuse to Steampunk!! lol

Think you had better sign me up please.

CQ5 - the balloon is made using my scan 'n cut machine. The clock is a die on shiny red foil paper - I'm not sure what brand. I bought it on Amazon and I'm pretty sure it came from China. The glasses and moustache die came from a French art shop called Cultura. I hope that's helpful!

So many questions, Is your Hot air ballon a die cut? Do you know the name brand?
The clocks behind the guy, A die? it is shiny so what paper did you use? Is that a die? Again what brand?
Very clever to punch a mustache out of patterned paper. New idea for me.

Sometimes craft supplies available in France may, or may not, be available here, so I thought I would add my comments.
I have a "few" die cuts, and found the following:
Sizzix, Tim Holtz has a "weathered" clock die cut, (similar to the top clock image on dithespy's ATC), and gears (lower two die cuts on the same ATC) but both are 5 1/2 x 6 inche die cuts......
Spellbinders D'Lites has gear dies, as does Tim Holtz ThinLites gear dies. Both of these sets are smaller die cuts and work for ATCs.
Kaisercraft has some cool embossing folders for clocks, but although the embossing is lovely, they are NOT die cuts, and they have to be cut out. These are also smaller ATC size.

What do you mean
Very clever to punch a mustache out of patterned paper. New idea for you??????
You suggested using patterned tissue boxes for die cutting a few posts ago,and I thought that was an awesome idea.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Dithespy and VickiZ.

I had no idea TIM Holtz had that die, although DUH that is so him.
I do have an embossing folder of his like that.

I dont have one of those computer die cutting like machines. Cricut is one of the names that comes to mind.

What do you mean
Very clever to punch a mustache out of patterned paper. New idea for you??????
You suggested using patterned tissue boxes for die cutting a few posts ago,and I thought that was an awesome idea.

I never thought to make a mustache another color or pattern. Black was all I ever thought of doing. SO the pattern for a mustache is super cute.

I used the Kleenex box with a coffee cup die, like a take out coffee cup, the patterns were so cute with that die.

Thanks for the info Dithespy and VickiZ.

I had no idea TIM Holtz had that die, although DUH that is so him.
I do have an embossing folder of his like that.

The Tim Holtz embossing folders are heavily embossed (some folders hardly crease the paper :0( and are useless) but
Tim's are so nice, I don't mind cutting them out by hand.

I keep stuff that has to be fussy cut in a lunch box with a pair of scissors. I take it with me whenever hubby and I go out, and I am the human die cut machine when hubby goes into Auto zone for "5 minutes" (read here, half an hour)!!!

I love the idea of using some of my dies in a different way. May I play please?

When I die cut my (row of) pine trees, the reverse image made more pine trees, but of a slightly different shape, so I turned them upside down, and I think they look like shingles, or house siding....so I used them in a different way.

I used them as roof shingles on some of my Cabinet cards.
And what is REALLY COOL>>>>>>>>
Waaaay cheaper than the Sizzix Tim Holtz Village Rooftop Die Cuts that sell for twenty bucks.

Last edited:
Lurking.... I'll have to look for my old sizzix. I bought it when we lived at our first house. Now we're at our 4th and last house.

Back
Top Bottom