xstitcher

Please do not disturb, I am disturbed enough alrea
Friend of AFA
Media
Due Date: May 17, 2019
Cards: 5 for 5
# Participants: 35

My Stitched Item and Your Imagination

Thank you to CastleQueen5 for this swap idea!

It is fashioned after her “Trash to Treasure Mystery Envelope challenge” except at her suggestion I am using cross stitched items.

I cross stitched 5 different items associated with water and finished them with a fabric back. All the stitched pieces are between ½ to an inch square or rectangle.

Your job, if you join this swap, will be to glue them on a 2 ½ x 3 ½ card to make them an ATC.

Just that on the card will not be enough though. You need to add your own touches and make them cards you would be proud to trade face to face.

Additions can be paper items, stamped things on the background, stamped on something else and added, hand drawn or painted on the card or on something else and added, anything that adds to the items I send you and makes it a fun card. If you want to do something I didn’t mention here and are not sure about it ask me.

Please no raised embellishments since there will at least 5 cards in the envelope and those can anger the postal machines and cause them to eat your envelope. If you use them you will get that card back as one of your returns.

I will send you 5 different items. I will put them in a 3 plastic sleeve thing that you can use to send the cards to me. It is not a requirement to join, but I would cherish a host card so if you want to make me one let me know and I will send you a 6th item. Since I only made 5 things it will be a duplicate of one of them.

When you get the items please let me know!

In order to save both time and postage I will send them to you when I get your address and when you send your cards to me please include an extra stamp to cover that postage.

I devoted a lot of time to stitching these things so there is a limited number of envelopes. I want this to be a no withdrawal swap and you must commit to completing the swap on time, without knowing what you are getting.

Mailing information

USA folks -----

Please enclose a self-addressed envelope and postage. And remember to throw in an extra stamp to cover the one I used to send the item to you. I recommend a forever stamp and extra ounce stamp for the return. If you want to do it for just a forever stamp go for it.

INTERNATIONAL folks ----

Please enclose an address label or address printed clearly on a piece of paper. I will supply envelopes to save you a little bit of postage! 2 dollar bills or 2 US Forever International stamps to cover the items I send you and your returns needs to be included to play. If you don’t have them pm me and we can work out something.

How this swap will work.

1. Sign up on the thread
2. Send me a pm with your address
3. I will send you 5 different items. 6 if you want one for a host card
4. Let me know when you have the items
5. Make 5 or 6 cards you would be proud to trade face to face
6. Return them to me with SASE and extra stamp
7. Sit back and wait for some fantastic returns after May 17

If I have forgotten anything or you have more questions just ask.

The List

returns received

1. CastleQueen5
2. CiCiCreates
3. Suzi
4. Haagmm
5. ferretgirl
6. Foxglove
7. Allegrae
8. CreativeMelodia
9. AngelJoy
10. anjen
11. ksj1717
12. katelnorth
13. Donnacr
14. ThouArtDelyrias
15. Kynara
16. Carol
17. LucyMc
18. nanvan
19. Marie
20. JazzEars
21. Seascape131
22. Sorxia
23. heymaggie
24. clar42ie
25. prex79
26. huddlestonmollie
27. SuzieG1013
28. Laffqueen
29. cardgal
30. mrubyjean
31. Amychelle
32. ChronicReader
33. Mushu
34. catladybj
35. kehlenn
36. Beverley

Last edited:
Thank you all for joining!

I will be back later tonight to do proper welcomes and get items in envelopes to mail out.

Right now I am waitinf for the rest of the family to get here so we can do to dinner for my grandson's 18th birthday. Don't know how he got so old as I sure didn't! LOL

Welcome CiCiCreates, Suzi, Haagmm, ferretgirl, Foxglove, CastleQueen5, Allegrae, CreativeMelodia and AngelJoy.

Thank you all for joining. I will get your items in the mail tomorrow or Thursday.

The ice here went away so I was able to get all the envies full of items to the post office today.

So if the little sign is right they should be starting their journey to you at 3:30 today.

Please let me know when they arrive so I can quit worrying about them. Thank you.

You know that I love your stitched cards and enjoy stitching cards of my own and this swap combines the two!

Please sign me up and include 6 items - will PM my address now.

Welcome ksj1717, katelnorth and Donnacr!

Your 6 items are already at the post office waiting the start of their trip to fun places.

Back
Top Bottom