My Stitched Item and Your Imagination, Due May 17, 2019

Once again, I want to thank CastleQueen5 for the idea! We started "talking" about it months ago and I was still asking for her ideas just days before I opened it up. There were times she had short novels of questions to read when she opened my pm.

It did take awhile to get them all stitched, but I love cross stitching so it was fun.

I am looking forward to seeing all the fun and different ways everyone uses the items. I have my ideas so will be interesting to see how others see them. The eye candy posted here should be fantastic!

I am having so much fun with this one I am already thinking about another theme to stitch and do it again.

I can’t wait to get my items! Maybe today.....When I think of all the different things that could be associated with water, it is so intriguing. I know I have to be patient and wait to see the little items, but I ‘m wondering if an “extend the scene” idea would work, like we sometimes do with postage stamps.

I was reading through the posts, sitting on the recliner couch exhausted from a day of the food bank. When I realize, I might have also received mine in the mail. I was too tired to open the mail, yet.

SO YIPPEEE I got mine today and they are soooo cute, and I have ideas already.

Welcome huddlestonmollie and SuzieG1013.

Weather permitting I will get your envelopes to the post office tomorrow but they will not go out until Monday on the start of their fun journey.

I was reading through the posts, sitting on the recliner couch exhausted from a day of the food bank. When I realize, I might have also received mine in the mail. I was too tired to open the mail, yet.

SO YIPPEEE I got mine today and they are soooo cute, and I have ideas already.

Good to see more cards are arriving!

OK.. I was just looking at a card you made for me in 2011 with a little blue bird on it. I cherish it and my husband actually built me a tiny frame for it. So, I'd love to join. Six items please! I always do a hostess acrd.

Welcome Laffqueen!

Your envelope will be joining the other 2 waiting for the fantastic journey to begin.

I hope to get them to the post office today but I woke up to about 3 inches of snow and it is still coming down and blowing like crazy so it remains to been seen. I will keep you all posted.

I got mine in yesterdays mail. So, everyone got the same ones then?

Yes. Everyone received the same 5. For the 6th one everyone has a duplicate of 1 of the 5.

When I swap out everyone will get 1 of each of the 5 and I will keep the duplicate as my card. Thank you all again!

I am excited to see the many different ways everyone uses them. I know I am so lucky I get to see all of them.

I have no way to picture and post them so I hope a lot of you can so everyone can see what you did.

I am having so much fun thinking about this one I am already thinking about a theme for another one.

Well I just can't pass this up, I ve jumped in the water diving before with reservations sometimes, and it always turns out good. Although, I'm still not sure what is wanted here, I will jump in rather than miss out. I understand this is no withdrawal. Please send 6 squares. Mixed sizes. TY I wil PM you with my address.

Welcome cardgal!

Your envie is in the stack to go to the post office today, if I can get out of my house, and have a fun journey just like the rest of them

The way this swap works is I am sending you 5 items I cross stitched. And since you asked a 6th one, which will be the same as one of the other 5. Everyone is getting the same 5 with the 6th one being the same as one of your 5.

When you get them you need to use one on each of 6 cards. As long as it is not a bulky embellishment you can use whatever you want; paper items, stamped things on the background, stamped on something else and added, hand drawn or painted on the card or on something else and added, anything that adds to the items I send you and makes it a fun card.

When you are finished you will send all 6 cards back to me.

I will send you 5 cards (one of each item) and keep the 6th as a host card.

So when the swap is completed everyone will have the same 5 items they used except made by someone else.

If you have any questions please send me a pm and I will try and answer them.

I can’t wait to get my items! Maybe today.....When I think of all the different things that could be associated with water, it is so intriguing. I know I have to be patient and wait to see the little items, but I ‘m wondering if an “extend the scene” idea would work, like we sometimes do with postage stamps.

I don't think they will lend themselves to an extend the scene but I think you can use them in a scene of some kind.

Your extend the scene idea sound interesting. Maybe I can find something to stitch that would be good for that.

Oh how the ideas keep coming. Just wish I had time for more of them and didn't need to tend to real life stuff.

Those who dont join up soon are going to be SOOO jealous when the cards get made. This is soooo dang cute. I need to the whole thing justice. I have ideas.

I am sure you will do them much justice! I can't wait to see them.

I hope I can find some time to be able to make more if we get to 35 players and there is enough time for all the mailing time.

OK.. I was just looking at a card you made for me in 2011 with a little blue bird on it. I cherish it and my husband actually built me a tiny frame for it. So, I'd love to join. Six items please! I always do a hostess acrd.

I'm glad you liked the card.

Until my old lap top ate all my pictures I had a scan of every card I made and sent out. My plan was to print them all and put them in albums. I got to a few of them but lost most. Really made me sad. Not sure what happened, one day they were there and the next time I looked they were gone.

I would have to go through a lot of 3 ring binders to find the Cross stitched CRRR cards you have made, but I will do that slowly and send what I find. I have them arranged by theme. and not artists. and the CRRR tend to be in certain binders.

See I have a cat binder, a coffee binder, a tea binder, a sunflower binder. and my Zebra binder has .... wait for it a Zebra print on it. The 3, yes 3 cat binder have.... guess, and the dogs... what would you guess?

The coffee and tea, and coins all just have circles or coffee rings.

You're completely insane, CQ5!!!! And I mean that in the best way possible! That's a crazy amount of binders and cards! How long have you been trading??? I have one binder, and the cards are in chronological order, upon receiving them. I don't know that I'll ever have a cohesive enough collection to have whole binders dedicated to a theme! My mind is a little bit blown right now! Do you have complete APC sets, too? I bet you do!! How many people on here have massive collections?? I see a lot of you trading away, being really consistent, it never even occurred to me to consider how much of a collection you must have. I'm going to sit here and have a little existential crises. :)

Back
Top Bottom