BUNNIES, RABBITS AND HARES ATC Swap, Due April 29, 2019

Did you know that Jackrabbits are huge? I live near the North Mountain preserve, an unfenced desert hiking area. When I say near, I mean, walking distance. It surrounds my neighborhood on 2 sides in an L shape.

Once I was hiking and I kept seeing these large brownish red animals. I wondered if it was a fox. Once I got closer I saw it was a Jackrabbit. HUGE! Like a bigger than a cat.

BTW, the jackalope isn't a real animal, but I wish it was.

Did you know that Jackrabbits are huge? I live near the North Mountain preserve, an unfenced desert hiking area. When I say near, I mean, walking distance. It surrounds my neighborhood on 2 sides in an L shape.

Once I was hiking and I kept seeing these large brownish red animals. I wondered if it was a fox. Once I got closer I saw it was a Jackrabbit. HUGE! Like a bigger than a cat.

BTW, the jackalope isn't a real animal, but I wish it was.

I did not know that, CastleQueen5! I have never seen one in person, and probably never will!

I found out Jackrabbits are Hares. I am still reading about the difference, but from what I can tell Hares newborns have open eyes and fur and can hop around immediately. Probably necessary in a harsher climate to be able to run away.

I thought Hares had something to do with the ears size, but again I am still reading and learning.

I found out Jackrabbits are Hares. I am still reading about the difference, but from what I can tell Hares newborns have open eyes and fur and can hop around immediately. Probably necessary in a harsher climate to be able to run away.

I thought Hares had something to do with the ears size, but again I am still reading and learning.

I think that I might want to do a little reading on this too. Sounds interesting!

Back
Top Bottom