Fabulous City Breaks - Due Date - May 20th 2019

All this time I’ve been thinking I missed this one, that the due date was the 20th... I’ve been thinking it’s the 20th of April:wub: D’oh!

We leave Sunday for a week at Lake Tahoe ... does that count as a “city”? There are lots of small towns around the lake, but nothing exciting really. I’ll do my best to come up with some because I love this theme, but I don’t think I should officially sign up yet. We get home from Tahoe on May 5 so I could get some in the mail on the 6th. That should make it to France in time, right?

All this time I’ve been thinking I missed this one, that the due date was the 20th... I’ve been thinking it’s the 20th of April:wub: D’oh!

We leave Sunday for a week at Lake Tahoe ... does that count as a “city”? There are lots of small towns around the lake, but nothing exciting really. I’ll do my best to come up with some because I love this theme, but I don’t think I should officially sign up yet. We get home from Tahoe on May 5 so I could get some in the mail on the 6th. That should make it to France in time, right?

I LOVE LAKE TAHOE- i was born and raised in the Bay Area. moved away 5 years ago. When i left i was living in Placerville!and now live between Texas and France.

Last edited:
I'm back home now and will download my (printable) photos and get started.
I discovered a dessert called Ile Floattante on this visit.....why on earth haven't I found it before!?!?!!

I just ordered one thinking it was a tarte like the poire au chocolat ..... it was humongous and filled me up..... sad to say it was too delicious to share!!!

I want to play (quite a late-comer I am! I will mail first thing tomorrow morning and hopefully they will arrive on time)

View attachment 206407 Brooklyn Bridge, New York - spanning the East River between Brooklyn and Manhattan

View attachment 206406Bourton-on-the-Water, along River Windrush, Cotswolds, England

View attachment 206408 Florence, Italy cityscape (my favorite city in the world) with Duomo, Giotto's Bell Tower, and Palazzo Vecchio

View attachment 206409 Ponte Vecchio, Florence, Italy

Cards

My cards were on there way as of Friday
I did 2 hand-drawn scenes from Philadelphia:Love Park and the Rocky statue outside of the Art Museum. Then I got artists block and started running out of time(sending from USA) finally after looking through an old visitors guide for New York City I decided to make the other 2 a collage... So here’s two hand-drawn for Philadelphia and 2collage for New York City. Here they are

Attachments

• FCE9D4DD-5D78-4097-A526-072F4113B4F7.jpg
    FCE9D4DD-5D78-4097-A526-072F4113B4F7.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 7
  • 616BD1BB-82BC-4ADD-A23B-19EDB3DA8754.jpg
    616BD1BB-82BC-4ADD-A23B-19EDB3DA8754.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I got 3 done just before we left for Tahoe, began the final one last night while still at Tahoe, and finished it this evening, after we got home from Tahoe (a 6+ hour drive). I did a collage of Tahoe (of course), one of Florence (one of my favorite cities, too, jo.on.the.go!) and one of Paris, and a painting of a city I've never been to but really want to see - Amsterdam. So sign me up, please, and I'll get them in the mail in the morning. :jiggy:

Lovely cards, BArox818. I love them.

I'll sign you up, Ancient Planter. I can't wait to see all the cards!

My cards were on there way as of Friday
I did 2 hand-drawn scenes from Philadelphia:Love Park and the Rocky statue outside of the Art Museum. Then I got artists block and started running out of time(sending from USA) finally after looking through an old visitors guide for New York City I decided to make the other 2 a collage... Sovyheres two hand-drawn for Philadelphia and 2collage for New York City. Here they are

I really like your collage cards. I love the way the cars are driving down the cards.

I really like your collage cards. I love the way the cars are driving down the cards.

Thanks... New York City is known to have yellow taxis everywhere, so when I needed to fill some space, I thought that’d be the perfect addition. It was kind of an afterthought but (especially on the one) ended up MAKING the card!

Unfortunately my schedule was swamped until today and I wouldn't have enough time to make cards for this swap! I'm gonna have to withdraw, but I hope everyone else has an awesome time!!

jo.on.the.go and Ancient Planter's super cards are here. Almost time to swap out - just waiting for one set to arrive.

Back
Top Bottom