ThouArtDelyrias

Thou Art Delyrias
Media
Swap Due Date – May 1, 2019
Number of Atc’s – 3:3 or 6:6
Number of participants: Unlimited
Media: any
Paint Chip Play!

This Swap has been done before but I have not seen one in a while. While looking through my stash to find some items, I ran across my bag of paint chips and my brain began moving! The idea is to create an atc with the name of the paint on the paint chip as the main theme. There are sooooo many cool ideas that you could come up with. Be creative and have fun. I have posted some samples of my own designs below (because I have no idea how to access others…). You could stamp items to create a scene, collage a theme, paint or draw on the chip, punch out or die cut the chip with the color visible, the possibilities are endless! If the Paint chip is sturdy and large enough, you could use it as the card base but please be sure the name if the paint is visible!! The point is to create the card with the paint color name as the theme.
View attachment 204218View attachment 204219View attachment 204220
Important details
-All atc’s should be 2 ½ x 3 ½, in individual plastic sleeves, and sturdy! If it flaps in the wind, it is too thin. Please trim your cards so they are neat and tidy! Messy work implies to most that you don’t care.
-if you have thicker embellishments, please include an additional .22 stamp to cover the postage to mail it on (for each thick card)
- Each card should be different.
-Please be sure to put your username (so we can give credit where credit is due), and location (because we all like to see where our cards came from) and swap name- minimal, on the back of each atc!!
- PLEASE put your user name and the swap name on the back of the envelope – preferably the flap!
- No communication, no cards will result in a neutral ITrader.
Postage Requirements;
USA – Please send a Business size SASE – ONLY Peel-n-Stick kind!!! If I have to lick it, send me a label!!! If you can’t mail a self-sealing envelope, send me a label large enough for me to read without magnifiers on and enough postage to mail your cards back to you, and additional postage for bulky mail to move forward! Please PM me for address when you are ready to mail.
International – a SASE- ONLY Peel-n-Stick kind!!! or label with a US Global stamp or 1-2$ included is great! If this is an issue, please PM me and we can work it out! Don’t let it inhibit you from participating! Please PM me for address when you are ready to mail.
Other Details:
When you receive your returns, please don’t forget to leave YouRock comments for those who created your cards for your collection!! I have made this easy by providing a link on the initial thread. Just click on the persons’ card you receive and then the YouRock button! Also, if you could, please leave ITrader for me so that I know that you enjoyed participating and that you received your returns!! Also, a host card is not required but it would be cherished, but definitely not required to play! 
Most important Note; HAVE FUN with this! The possibilities are endless!

PLAYERS
ThouArtDelyrias
Suzi
SuzieG1013
Haagmm
Allegrae
CastleQueen5
Pouringdiva
Vegan4animals
ksj1717
daisy_daisy
jenspirko
theweavershand
Karr3ll
Angeljoy
Beverly
JenUrebel

Last edited:
Bag of paint chips!! BAH! I have a ding dang "small" drawer. Sounds like I have more baggage than you! or you know what I mean.

I would love to play. Sign me up. Color me sunshine. AND NO HEATHER you dont NOT need to go LOOK at paint chips for ideas! You have a DRAWER FULL OF THEM. Time to destash. Hhahhah next swap here we come.

Ok enough Just sign me up.

LOL CQ5 - I went to the store and restricted myself to a small handful of paint chips. I'm proud! I am so excited for this one but I've got to finish cards for a couple other swaps first.

I went through my paint chip drawer, I stuffed about 25 envelopes with 6 different chips to give away in a future swap. I didnt make a dent in my drawer. Once upon a time I had sorted them in rainbow order. Now I just want to purge them. I did pull out at least 20, that I like the name.

I was going to see if I can make some COINS from some of them. Wish me luck. If I make any I will post them soon to my gallery.

** not for this swap but for the coin art a thon. I will make atcs 2.5x3.5 for the swap just to be clear.

I am just not sure the chips can make coins and actually get the color name on the card.

Paint Chip Inspiration

With the hostess' permission, here are a few of my cards from an old swap - for inspiration. If anyone needs paint chips, PM me. I'm willing to mail out a few envies of paint chips with fun and usable color names for those who don't have access to a nearby hardware or home improvement store.

Today I found out that some paint chips will work well with a 2.5 inch coin, Behr is one brand, but I dont have any coins from that brand to show for an example yet. The two colors I punches coins were "FORBIDDEN RED" and not sure where to go with that, an "Sharkskin suit", a grey. I think I could add a shark postage stamp

I made a coin to show you but you will see I had to cut the name off and glue it on. I googled Vassar Rose, and didnt find much, I cut the rose from a dictionary.

Just to clarify this just to chatter about paint chips, this swap isn't coins. I was just VERY curious if I could find a way to USE up this whole drawer of hoarded paint chips. .

1_ROSE_coin_from_paint_chip.JPG

I shared my COIN over at the Art of thon, but dang none of those players RAN over here to join up. Sigh! I tried. Off to create more cool stuff today. I will hopefully have some photos of the coins from the sharkskin suit.

I really should make a card of the right size. But this gives this swap a bump up to the top.

Back
Top Bottom