Dictionary Words, D, E and F ~ Hand-drawn/Hand-Painted/Mixed Media ~ Due Jun 14

Foxglove

ATC Guru
Media
Swap Due Date: Jun 14
Sign-up/Withdraw Date: No sign-up – you are added to the list when you tell me they’ve been mailed
Number of Cards: 3:3
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Media: HD/HP/Collage/Mixed Media

Dictionary Words, D, E and F ~ Hand-drawn/Hand-Painted/Collage/Mixed Media ~ Due Jun 14

Time to break out that old dictionary you have laying around (or make a run to the local dollar store or thrift store, or even a dictionary website) and get creative with me! For this swap, you will select three dictionary words with definitions -- one word will start with the letter D, one card will start with the letter E and one word will start with the letter F – and art away! You must include the dictionary word and definition on the front of your card. I do have some Dos and Don’ts, so please read carefully below.

**As much as possible, I will trade medium for medium, unless you tell me that you are okay with getting mixed returns. However, I am limited by the types of cards people make, so I can’t guarantee this.

SOME IDEAS TO GET THE CREATIVITY FLOWING:
~Nouns are easy to picture and art up (dog, egg, flower), however, consider looking at the verbs or adjectives. Example: “Delight: to please someone greatly” You could create a light bulb bring joy to someone else. (Get it…de lightbulb brings delight> Yuk yuk yuk!)
~Have fun illustrating your word: Example: “Elderberry: bluish-black berry of the elder, used in jellies and wine” You can certainly create a still life with elderberries, or you can illustrate a group of elderly berries enjoying a glass of wine!
Do whatever sparks your imagination!
~Choose words that evoke a mood. Example: “Energetic: showing or involving great activity” Create something that you feel evokes a sense of energy.

DOs and DON’Ts:
~DON’T use magazine images as your sole focus – this isn’t artful. (IE, don’t slap a bunch of magazine images of eggplants onto your card and call it good. DON’T paint a random/abstract background and then glue a magazine/image of eggplants onto the card and call it good.) You CAN use magazine images if it’s a creative expression of a bigger picture. Please feel free to ask if this isn’t very clear – this rule in place to make sure that participants receive cards that have been made with an attempt at creativity.
~DON’T have one tiny thing that fits the definition, and a bunch of things that have nothing to do with the word/definition. Example: In keeping with the ‘eggplant’ theme, don’t have random bits and pieces of stuff on your card with one strip of eggplant-printed washi tape.
DO show the word/definition somewhere on your card. You can tear/cut it from a dictionary, print it, or have it as a part of your background (as long as the word/definition is visible.) If you have neat handwriting, you can write it on your card as well.
ALL words are acceptable except those words that are racially or politically insensitive. “Cuss” words are acceptable, but:
DON’T use images of genitalia, please.
DO have fun and get creative!

CARD GUIDELINES
~Each card must have a dictionary word with its definition on the front of the card. The Dictionary Word for card 1 will start with the letter D, card 2 will start with the letter E and card 3 will start with the letter F.
~Cards must be 2.5x3.5 inches, sturdy and neatly cut. I will return cards that are misshapen, lopsided or more than 1/8th of an inch off.
~Cards must be in a thin protective plastic sleeve.
~At minimum, please include your User Name on the back of the card. You may add more info if you wish (location, date made, website, etc…)
~Do your best work and get creative. Send cards that were made with thought and care; something you would be thrilled to receive. (READ THE DON’Ts, listed above.)
~FLAT Embellishments are allowed and encouraged. If you embellish your cards, please try to ensure it complements the card. Make sure all embellishments are secured to the card.
~NO STICKERS except as an accent and not a focal image. No white borders on the stickers.
~NO LOOSE GLITTER. If you use glitter, it must be in the form of glitter glue or mixed with a sealant like gel medium/matte medium, etc…

MAILING GUIDELINES
~PM me when you are ready to send!
~Include a Forever stamp (U.S.) or a concealed U.S. dollar or U.S. Forever Stamp (outside the U.S).
~Include a neatly written/typed return label.
~Do not include a return envelope unless you really want to – otherwise, I will provide the envelopes.
~Secure cards in the envelope so they don’t all bunch up in a corner. You can tape them to a sturdy paper/light cardboard the shape of the envelope or tape them together in a row.

Who would like to come play?

1. Karr3ll (Collaged)
2. Patsy (HD/HP)
3. Dnewton972 (colleged)
4. Vegan4animals (collaged)
5. Leydab (HD/HP and collaged)
6. Katelnorth (collaged)
7. Mrs.Alderman (HD/HP)
8. Donnacr (collaged)
9. Allegrae (collaged)
10. Onaki (HD/HP)
11. Betsyg (Collaged)
12. Kae.Ryan (Collage)
13. CastleQueen5 (Collage)
14. ThouArtDelyrias (Collage)
15. Mrubyjean (Collage and HD/HP)

Last edited:
The idea of having a whole alphabet set is really exciting!

And thanks for your amendment about cuss words haha! I'll probably keep them out of this round but I totally appreciate that (and welcome cuss words in my returns with open arms).

And thanks for your amendment about cuss words haha! I'll probably keep them out of this round but I totally appreciate that (and welcome cuss words in my returns with open arms).

Hmm... no genitalia!!! funny but glad you covered that literally or figuratively or both.

It would not be the same without your Cush words. Instinkray,!

Oh, yes, I forget to add, please sign me up.

Welcome, everyone!

And I debated about the genitalia, but I had visions of someone choosing the D-word and using the man's body part in their collage. I've been in the military, and it wasn't unheard of for people to sneak images of body parts into briefings or turn an innocent comment into something dirty. :wacko: I wanted to try and cover my bases! :twitcy:

My live in person swap theme this month is. LIFE IS BETTER with _____. We are making some rude jokes about what each person could make as theme. But I do think we are going with things like coffee and cats, and unicorns etc. But I do think I will make a fun card with a pull tab for my 2 friends who.... no probably not.

Yay! Time to par-TAY!!!! :jiggy::spinny::v_spin::wacko::goofy:

For those who still have my address, if you could post in the forums or PM me when they are mailed, I will add your name to the list. I use that as my tracker.

Back
Top Bottom