Dictionary Words, D, E and F ~ Hand-drawn/Hand-Painted/Mixed Media ~ Due Jun 14

Mail call! I have fun cards from Vegan4animals! She posted a photo, but her words are Disagree, Dirigible, Extinct (pleeeease...not the elephant! Or anything else, for that matter!) and Friend (so sweet!)

Sorry to all for not being overly active right now - one of my cats is sick with some mystery condition, so I've been spending more time watching and monitoring him. I am still here, though!

Last edited:
Sounds like fun, can you add me to this swap? :)
I'll be doing HD/HP.
(Just posting this on here so it adds to my swap lists, I'll let you know when they're mailed! :) )

Welcome, Onaki and Mrs Alderman! The more the merrier!

Onaki - at this moment I think I only have one other person who also did HD/HP. If I end up not getting more HD/HP players will you be okay with collaged returns? I am going to try and so some HD/HP cards too, but I am not sure if I will have enough time.

I need to use your host brain!

When to you anticipate the next letters due to you. GHI? I am going away to see my mom for part of the summer. Part??!?! I am going to be gone more than a month. I won't be taking any paper craft supplies. Just a crochet hook.

Good question, CQ. I was thinking of starting it 15 May. It's taking so long to do these swaps that at this rate it'll take YEARS to complete, so I was thinking of opening a new one each month. The closeout date (so far) is the standard 3-months. So...roughly, they'll be due sometime in August. Will that work for you?

Mail call! I have fun cards from Vegan4animals! She posted a photo, but her words are Disagree, Dirigible, Extinct (pleeeease...not the elephant! Or anything else, for that matter!) and Friend (so sweet!)

Sorry to all for not being overly active right now - one of my cats is sick with some mystery condition, so I've been spending more time watching and monitoring him. I am still here, though!

Just wanted to clarify that my "extinct" card features a woolly mammoth rather than an elephant. It might be hard to tell in such a small image! Although elephants may not be far behind on the extinct list, sadly...

Good question, CQ. I was thinking of starting it 15 May. It's taking so long to do these swaps that at this rate it'll take YEARS to complete, so I was thinking of opening a new one each month. The closeout date (so far) is the standard 3-months. So...roughly, they'll be due sometime in August. Will that work for you?

I will get the next set done early, since I will be gone end of July to SEpt 1st.

View attachment 206414View attachment 206413View attachment 206412View attachment 206411

OK, here are my three (four) cards.

After some browsing through the dictionary, I've gone with

*dickens (slag for the devil - as in "What the dickens is she thinking of with this card?") - and of course I've added Dickens :)

*dormer - this one will probably have to be the host card because I shaped it like a house and the rules ask for rectangular cards. I couldn't resist, though, with that word

*eye - fairly self-explanatory

*fire/fireman (both are on the page)

I'll get them in the mail early next week.

Awesome cards, Katelnorth! Thank for the host card - I actually don't have any house-shaped cards, so I love it!

Your D card made me wonder where we got the term 'dickens' from, so I looked it up. Apparently it's from the Shakespeare play Merry Wives of Windsor. And we still use it the way he did. Pretty cool, I think!

so Charles Dickens was a devil? interesting. Ok so I really didnt "know" that dickens means that. I guess I thought it meant something close. Beats the dickens out of me! kind of thing. So interesting.

I like your house card.

Mail Call! I am a bit late in updating, but I received wonderful cards from:
--Laydab (HD/HP and collaged): Duckbill, Emu and Formidable.
--Katelnorth: Dickens, Eye and Fireman.

Great cards, everyone!

Sorry for the delays - we had an unexpectedly busy weekend. Whew!
Awesome cards, Mrs.Aldarman! I will get you added to the list. Do you need my address?

Back
Top Bottom