Dictionary Words, D, E and F ~ Hand-drawn/Hand-Painted/Mixed Media ~ Due Jun 14

I've been sorting my hundreds (thousands) of used postage stamps so it seemed natural to use them on these cards. I have done: Dinosaur, a Duo of Dogs Doggedly pursuing a Dachshund, Elephant and Faces (both human and on a watch).

Sorry, Donna! I promise that I wasn't ignoring you! :wubclub:
In my first post, I wrote that I would sign people up once they ask for my address (or post pictures, showing their intent to mail in cards.) I thought this put less pressure on people, as there is the threat of getting negative iTraders if you sign up for a swap, but end up not sending anything in and not telling the host to take you off the list. I figured this way, if someone isn't able to make cards in time, or of Life happens, they don't have to worry about getting dinged if they don't tell me they need to back out.
That said, great cards! I will get you added to the list!

I went to the library today. ( I also went to another branch yesterday). But today an audio book I ordered came in.
At the FOL area, which is Friends of library, you can buy for a quarter books. I got a Children's Dictionary with lots of photos. Hugh book! and I am not even going to feel bad about using it for art. Well, not for long anyway.

Ha! I never feel bad about tearing up a book...if it were valuable, *I* certainly wouldn't have been able to afford it!

As a retired librarian, i never feel bad about using books for art! I am always thrilled wheni find a single volume of an encyclopedia at a book sale, art supplies!

I do have one really old book full of...I am not even sure how to describe it...home remedies amd random advice. There were illustrations I liked and didn't want to cover up. Then I found out that someone put his book online. I'll have to see if I can find the link again.

Great cards, donnacr - I especially like what you did with the "face" card - clever way to use some of the stamps which can be less interesting as features.

Welcome Onaki and Bestyg! Onaki, I will make sure you get HD/HP back...I don't have many HD/HP players yet, do the HD/HPers may get two cards from the same artist, but hopefully I will get more painters to join. (hint hint! :twitcy: )

UPDATE: Mailcall! I received fun cards from Allegrae! Her cards are: Detective (OMG, I love Cagney and Lacey! That was the best show ever!), Exercise (no way am i that flexible!), and Football. Where are the sports fans? :D

I like baseball, not football, but I do like MEN cards, fathers, and positive things about males. Vintage and the like. Maybe that football card belongs to me.

Nothing will belong to me if I dont get my cards Mailed.

I have gotten two done this past weekend and have an idea for my third. Just trying to figure out what do do for a host card...I think when doing these alphabet swaps, the host gets random cards and I feel bad...any suggestions?

Aww, you're so sweet, ThouArt Delyrias! I'd say don't worry about a host card...just have fun with the swap! Let your imagination fly! Host cards aren't necessary, and I am not concerned with getting a whole 'set'...I plan to try anand make cards of my own for the Alphabet swaps, so I should get a set that way. That said, I treasure every host gift I receive. The Alphabet cards go in their own section of the binder. If you still want ideas beyond "I love everything" (except eyeballs with no head...so creepy!!), let's see...how about you close your eyes and turn to a random page and pick something from that? I love random, unexpected words.

Good idea for a hostess card for the next round of the swap - random words are hard, but could be really fun :)

Aww, you're so sweet, ThouArt Delyrias! I'd say don't worry about a host card...just have fun with the swap! Let your imagination fly! Host cards aren't necessary, and I am not concerned with getting a whole 'set'...I plan to try anand make cards of my own for the Alphabet swaps, so I should get a set that way. That said, I treasure every host gift I receive. The Alphabet cards go in their own section of the binder. If you still want ideas beyond "I love everything" (except eyeballs with no head...so creepy!!), let's see...how about you close your eyes and turn to a random page and pick something from that? I love random, unexpected words.

I finished my cards! I put lots of effort into these and they were tons of fun to create! the fingerprint one- I created the magnifying glass with an actual magnifier that I have had in my stash for a long time and didn't know what I would ever use it for....wala! wound up making die cuts for the host. thought you might like that...last time I stamped a bunch of sayings. I am pm'ing for an addy and they will be in Mondays mail.
View attachment 207132

Back
Top Bottom