Amazing AU Animals' Advice and Affirmations, Open media, DUE MAY 31, 2019

Ooh! Ooh! I want to play!! But, as usual, I prefer to get them made before I sign up, so keep me on the lurking couch for the moment.

Loving the platypi cards and jokes (is that the proper plural for platypus?). My best friend in high school and I often played 20 Questions and one of us ALWAYS chose a platypus! Some day I must see one in real life!

My cards are in the mail as of this morning.
I wanted to beat the incoming snow storm.

They predict 8 inches of snow over-night tonight, and 12-15 inches of snow-sleet-freezing rain tomorrow.
And here I thought Winter was over....
HA!!
Ya gotta LOVE Minnesota........

My cards are in the mail as of this morning.
I wanted to beat the incoming snow storm.

They predict 8 inches of snow over-night tonight, and 12-15 inches of snow-sleet-freezing rain tomorrow.
And here I thought Winter was over....
HA!!
Ya gotta LOVE Minnesota........

I am so sorry about the snow. I think Phoenix, is hogging all the sunshine it is 94F today. I have fans on, but not the AC. The rules is 5 days in row over 90, and then the AC goes on. UGH! I am not ready for summer.

I am so sorry about the snow. I think Phoenix, is hogging all the sunshine it is 94F today. I have fans on, but not the AC. The rules is 5 days in row over 90, and then the AC goes on. UGH! I am not ready for summer.

Oh! Such crazy weather. I'm glad to not have either...however we did have 87F yesterday and it got near freezing last night and today's high is supposed to be 49. I can take that though...especially when the sun is out every day.

I have a friend who is very fond of Koala bears. She isn't into atcs though. She makes other kinds of papercrafts like greating cards, and boxes etc.

I do plan to show her all the AU animal cards.

And then there is the cassowary, a rare (endangered) emu-like bird native to Australia, that reportedly killed a man in Florida today. If you feature this bird, the advice should probably be “beware”. I would have drawn this bird but I already made my cards. Anybody else?
Update: I see this bird has already been featured by Vicki Z.

Last edited:
Yes, the cassowary looks like one mean bird.
One I would NOT like to meet in person.

In creating my cards I found an Australia stamp that featured the most adorable little kitty, and in trying find out what type of cat I was looking at, I discovered the postage stamp was a Dingo, and not a member of the Feline Group at all.

So I ended up not making an ATC with a Dingo, because the quote I had picked out better fit a cat person.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1OKWM_enUS785US785&q=australia+dingo+postage+stamps&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiD-deqhNHhAhUD-6wKHR8oCgUQ7Al6BAgJEA8&biw=1133&bih=903#imgrc=obltUazkCjZrOM:

I also thought about making cards with Australian frogs.
Some, like the green and gold bell frog, are GORGEOUS!
But I've already made more cards than I can submit, so I am already keeping some of them.

But there are still critters out there waiting to have ATCs made about them.
I hope to see more pictures posted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom