Amazing AU Animals' Advice and Affirmations, Open media, DUE MAY 31, 2019

I love the idea of kangaroos. I am not sure I really love the reality of kangaroos. Kangaroos were the topic of my 8th grade report, and I have wanted to visit AU ever since then. Now one of my kids lives there, but who knows for how long.

Did you know the Platypus is poisonous?
And is one of the very few poisonous mammals?

Yes, I learned that latter in life, but not from handling one! :wub:

But it was mildly disappointing, and I learned Koalas were vicious, and kangaroos were pests that littered the area, and made into dog meat. But I try to put all that aside and think CUTE< CUTE CUTE!

Good new Suzi.

I started my card today. My friend has a AU stamp set. So one kangaroo, one koala, and one emu. I didnt think the kookaburra was big enough. So will use it on a CRRR and get something from it. I also plan to make a set each, of the above mentioned stamps for the CRRR. I got them stamped already just not on some backgrounds yet.

Another interesting fact about kangaroos is that they can put their pregnancy 'on hold' in times of famine and switch it back on when there is plenty to eat.
Only male platypii have poisonous spurs on their back legs. The platypus hunts by feel, using its very sensitive snout as its eyes are covered by a membrane when underwater.
Different breeds of koalas eat different varieties of eucalyptus leaves so it is not one size fits all - how picky is that ?!

My cards are in the mail now. I completely forgot that I could have my animals give advice and so I only have affirmations. I used a set of stamps issued by Australia Post in 2011 called 'Bush babies' (there is also a koala in the set)

Back
Top Bottom