My Secret Garden ~ Due Jun 5, 2019

I am not really into owls, never have been, Probably cause they would or could eat a cat. Not sure.

But I am thrilled, to see your cards, but they are great examples. I needed some inspiration.

I'd love to see an owl try to pick up my fat cat (well, not really.... That would be awful)

I am not really into owls, never have been, Probably cause they would or could eat a cat. Not sure.

But I am thrilled, to see your cards, but they are great examples. I needed some inspiration.

Sadly, you are right about this, CQ5! I once interrupted an owl that was diving for a young kitten.

I guess we have worse birds of prey in AZ than just owls. In 2016, I was in Michigan, driving down the road, and this big big bird was on a post. It was an owl and its wasnt night. we have the tiny owls that burrow in cactus. But he have hawks. I cant say I have seen a owl here in AZ

I guess we have worse birds of prey in AZ than just owls. In 2016, I was in Michigan, driving down the road, and this big big bird was on a post. It was an owl and its wasnt night. we have the tiny owls that burrow in cactus. But he have hawks. I cant say I have seen a owl here in AZ

We have burrowing owls here, but we also have lots of big owls. It was in Yuma that I saw the owl going for the cat. We also have a barn owl in my neighborhood that I hear at night, and which I've seen in shadow. But yes, we definitely have some big raptors, too.

Gorgeous final card Nanvan! So happy you are posting some inspiration for us all. And love our discussions on what we might find in our secret or not so secret gardens! I have a bunch a lizards I affectionately call 'gecko's', I find them adorable and especially love it when I spot a bright lime green one.

So I went out into my secret garden today and snapped a few pics to share with you all... swipe to see them all at this link and enjoy!
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw-oZIDlLyM/

I envy your garden, BlueVioletz! I used to live in a house, but now I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment building and only have a very small balcony. Your garden is a beautiful combination of flowers and food - you must have a green thumb!

Gorgeous final card Nanvan! So happy you are posting some inspiration for us all. And love our discussions on what we might find in our secret or not so secret gardens! I have a bunch a lizards I affectionately call 'gecko's', I find them adorable and especially love it when I spot a bright lime green one.

So I went out into my secret garden today and snapped a few pics to share with you all... swipe to see them all at this link and enjoy!
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw-oZIDlLyM/

Wow. That is quite the garden! Such gorgeous plants. It must take a lot of work to keep up. I have had a garden in the past, but I tend to be neglectful when it comes to clearing out the weeds. It is also a bit of a pain to have a garden in the desert if you don't have irrigation installed, since you have to irrigate everything by hand nearly every day due to the high temps.

I wanted to share some of my plants. We call our house. The place plants come to die. The only thing I can grow is sunflowers and dang they pretty much grow themselves.

So this is an orchid that we got at our food bank. Sometimes we get near dead plants, and no one took this one. At the end of the day another volunteer said> " I would take it home but I need a shower and window in the same bathroom. I said I have that. She explained how to keep it alive. I said well, we are the place plants come to die, but it is dying anyway and even the planter pot is worth taking home. Well it is doing well because... drumroll I have a bathroom with a shower and a window. It sit on the back of my toilet. I have noticed it reaches toward the sun. I put it on the shower stall to take the photos. I think I need to re pot it.

Back
Top Bottom