Cut Paper Art Swap, Due May 27

CreativeSquirrel

ATC Novice
Media
Swap Due Date: May 27
Number of Cards: 3 for 3
Number of Players: 20
Medium: Hand-Cut Paper Art (can add HD/HP elements as well)

Theme
For Haagmm's Try Something New swap this year, I tried out cut paper art and ended up loving it, so that will be the focus of this swap. Please send in only original hand-cut pieces, not die-cuts or machine-cut pieces. This is an open-theme swap, limited only by medium, so you can choose whatever theme you like. Your cut paper design should be two-dimensional and mounted on a sturdy backing that contrasts well to display your work, but the paper itself and/or the backing can be black and white, colored, painted, etc. You can use multiple pieces/layers of hand-cut paper to create your image, as long as it doesn’t get so thick it won’t fit into a penny sleeve. Please make sure the cards you make represent something in a concrete way (not abstract). I've attached two images of cards I made as examples.
ATC 0038 Guardian of the Forest 12.31.2018 afa.jpgATC 0037 Islands of the Sky 12.31.2018 afa.jpg

Cards
- Cards must be standard ATC size (2.5” x 3.5”).
- All elements should be flat and firmly adhered to the backing.
- Backs of cards should have your real name and username, and can include any other information you like.
- Please send work you’re proud of and would be happy to see in your own returns.
- A host card is of course not required but would be treasured!

Mailing
- PM me for my address when you’re ready to send.
- Send each card in an individual plastic sleeve and secure cards in the envelope so they arrive safely. I usually tape mine to cardstock to protect them on their journey.
- Please send a self-addressed envelope with one forever stamp (U.S), or a well-concealed $1 bill or global forever stamp (international), or contact me for PayPal info.

Other Stuff
- I swap effort for effort as possible.
- Don’t forget to leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists whose cards you receive.

Players:
0) CreativeSquirrel
1) cheyenneshea - received & returns landed
2) dnewton972 - received & returns landed
3) stonebandit - received & returns landed
4) asharnanae - received & returns landed
5) WitchHazel - received & returns landed
6) HUGHES555 - received
7) Deb2015 - received

Last edited:
Count me in please!! I will have so much fun breaking out my X-acto knife again. I will be getting my inspiration from paper artist, Kara Walker.

Last edited:
Yay! You’re in, cheyenneshea! I hadn’t heard of Kara Walker before, but I just looked her up, and her work is amazing.

Hi Lorna! While the cards don't have to be realistic by any stretch, I would prefer them to depict something and not be completely abstract. I've seen some of the cards you've made, and I'm sure you could make some gorgeous pieces, so I hope you're still inspired to play!

I hadn’t either, Marie, but it’s super fun, and there are so many different styles out there. Birdmafia, Bovey Lee, Sarah Dennis, the artist cheyenneshea mentioned above, Kara Walker... Lots of great inspiration to draw from. I hope you’re inspired to join us and try it out!

I have been whiling away the hours watching youtube vids of paper cutting artists..... man I have so much respect for paper cutting as an art form, not only the time it takes, but the synergy of complexity of design and simplicity of materials. so cool :D What people can make out a just paper is amazing!

here are my efforts, I went back to my love of all things squidly and octpussy.PapercutATCweb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom