A 2nd Chance at love, remodeling gallery cards DUE June 4th, 2019

Media
Due Date: JUNE 4, 2019, its a Tuesday
Withdrawal date: None just communicate.
Number of Cards: 3:3, 4:4, 5:5, or 6:6 your choice
Number of participants: 30
Mediums: open mediums,
but limited to cards that are available for trade and didnt get taken in a trade. ***

This is a chance for you to take some cards lingering in your gallery, those unchosen unloved cards, and to remodel them, update them, revamp them, and give them a second chance at love.

RULES. RULES. RULES. There are always rules. Ok how about EXPECTATIONS

1. The cards need to be ones, you created, and that have been in your gallery, lingering for more than 2 weeks, as of April 1st, 2019. No unloved unchosen, cards posted to the gallery after APRIL 1st 2019 will be allowed for this swap. I HAVE EDITED THIS>. LIMITED TO OLD CARDS THAT DIDNT GET TAKEN, THAT YOU WILL UPDATE. Please, dont use 1/2 finished cards and then finish them. The goal is to improve on card you made that were not taken.

2. You need to change the status of the cards from "Available for trade", to for "ATCS for swaps".

3. You must do a before image and an after image. You may not just send in cards without posting photos form your gallery, before and after. See below on how to add links directly from your gallery.

4. You must tell us what you did to update, remodel the card. Please Do and list two things minimum per card to remodel it. Changing the title doesn't count.

5. Your options for remodeling, are not limited. You may remove parts, paint over, etc. add words, add ink, add trim etc.

6. House shaped, and APCS are allowed, please specify in writing in your mailing, any concerns about themes, shapes or apcs.

7. This swap is a not a place to send your junk or your shoddy work, it is place to improve on you past techniques.

For this swap, you will get back the number you send in, 3:3, 4:4, 5:5, or 6:6 your choice. If you want to send a hostess card, please make a note inside the envelope, so I am clear on how many cards you are trading/swapping. I will write the number on your return envelope. I really dont need more cards, but of course we all WANT more cards. The idea is for us to improve on some unwanted cards, not for me to get more for myself. So hostess cards are so optional, and should be specified that you are sending an extra.

ABOUT MAILING AND POSTAGE

* When you're ready to mail, please PM me for my address, but I have not moved in 15 years.
* I dont need a SASE, just give me an sticky address label and some return postage. I will provide the envelopes. If you want to send a SASE that is fine with me.

* USA players it will cost one USA forever stamp to return 3 cards to you, and 70 cents or more for 6 cards. If you use any embellishments that are thick: Gems, brads, staples, big flowers, please add one 15 cent stamp for each card. These require extra postage and a visit to the PO to have them hand canceled. I dont mind going to the PO. I live one mile from the PO.

* International players it will cost me $1.15 to to return 3 or 4 cards to you. Please enclose a global USA stamp, or $1, or contact me for alternatives. If you use any embellishments that are thick: Gems, brads, staples, big flowers, please add one 15 cent stamp for each card. These require extra postage and a visit to the PO to have them hand canceled.

I project that it will cost me $2.30 to send 5 or 6 cards internationally depending on weight. I will gladly take your countries postage equivalent, as I do join international swaps from time to time.

Returns
* When you receive your returns, please leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists. It is always nice to tell the player which card you received too.

There is no penalty for withdrawal, and no withdrawal date, but please communicate, no cards, no communication may result in neutral itrader from me the host. I will swap right away, so please mail by the mail by date.

Instructions on how to create an image in a post from a link in your Gallery.

Every card posted in your gallery has a link. It is below the descriptions.

It will start with IMG. and the word "small" might be found in the link. I prefer medium to be added to mine.
I have removed the brackets on the link to the card, below, so you can see what the link looks like for the card. I added color to the word medium. DO not use capital letter.
IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/21118/medium/1_APC_Live_is_sweet_butterfly_8.JPG[/IMG

1_APC_Live_is_sweet_butterfly_8.JPG

This would be my before image of a card that as unchosen, I will need to improve on it.

If your name is blue it is a link to your cards posted in the thread, your name will turn any color when your cards have arrived, and you will also get trader from me that day.

Last edited:
I am lurking. I just went thru my available cards and picked out 5 that I would consider reimagining. It is hard to be critical of my own work when at the time of completion I considered them finished. But I can see the usefulness of this exercise. Of course, I would prefer to start from scratch, but that is not the challenge here. And wouldn’t you know it, I cleaned out my gallery at the first of the year of cards that had really hung around far too long.

I am lurking. I just went thru my available cards and picked out 5 that I would consider reimagining. It is hard to be critical of my own work when at the time of completion I considered them finished. But I can see the usefulness of this exercise. Of course, I would prefer to start from scratch, but that is not the challenge here. And wouldn’t you know it, I cleaned out my gallery at the first of the year of cards that had really hung around far too long.

I will have to edit that rule. So you can bring cards to remodel that you took out of your gallery. You are not the first to mention that issue. We will have to go on the honor system with the players, and most you are very honorable, and can be trusted.

Here are some cards I really think I need to remodel
1_artathon_we_really_meet.JPG

1_Decatur_House_Museum.JPG

1_Museum_2.JPG

There postage stamps one were made when there was a challenge in an art a thon. I cant remember if the challenge was to do a famous building or a museum or what>

Just a reminder that you can use the unchosen house card to update.

Yep, the house card was one I was thinking of doing. I actually do this with my cards that have lingered for at least 6 months or more. I'll remove them and after sitting with them for a while, I remodel them and back into the gallery they go!

It would be great if you can do before and after. I think some of my houses are also MEH! Have you ever seen the home remodeling shows. I mean they sometimes get down to the the bare boards, and start all over. I am thinking GESSO will happen to one of my cards. Not sure which.

I worked on these yesterday. I have wanted to try abstract ‘carrot’ people for the longest time and I thought this might be my chance. I took the old collage elements off and added a scrap of paper, stamping and acrylic paints. I loved these backgrounds and was glad to be able to reuse them.

First picture is the ‘before’. Thoughts? Am I on the right track or have I gone too far?

I worked on these yesterday. I have wanted to try abstract ‘carrot’ people for the longest time and I thought this might be my chance. I took the old collage elements off and added a scrap of paper, stamping and acrylic paints. I loved these backgrounds and was glad to be able to reuse them.

First picture is the ‘before’. Thoughts? Am I on the right track or have I gone too far?

The before cards were pretty amazing too! I have plans to do that to at least one card. Like a total remodel. Thanks for posting the photos.

It would be great if you can do before and after. I think some of my houses are also MEH! Have you ever seen the home remodeling shows. I mean they sometimes get down to the the bare boards, and start all over. I am thinking GESSO will happen to one of my cards. Not sure which.

Oh yeah, those home remodeling shows are addictive! And every time we start watching, we start wandering around our house coming up with how we're going to remodel, how we NEED to remodel, but not how we're going to get the money to do it! :twitcy:

Back
Top Bottom