April Pick-A-Theme,due June 21, 2019

xstitcher

Please do not disturb, I am disturbed enough alrea
Friend of AFA
Media
Due Date – June 21, 2019
Sign up/withdraw – None, once signed up with a theme you’re in so PLEASE be sure you want to play
Number of Cards - 4 cards for a full group
Number of participants -8 groups of 5 players

Welcome to the April 2019 Pick-A-Theme

To Play you must have:
~ an established positive iTrader rating of +15
~ no negatives within the last 6 months
~ no neutrals for lack of cards/communication within the last 3 months
~ NO EXCEPTIONS so PLEASE don’t ask

If you think you want to play, but have questions, PLEASE read all the instructions to see if they are answered there. If they are not go ahead and sign up with an undetermined theme to reserve your spot, then PM me and I will do my best to answer them. We can always open the spot back up if you decide not to join.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT over commit yourself. Anyone who does not follow through could receive 5 negative iTraders.

In almost every PAT there have been due date problems so.......... I strongly suggest not waiting until the last week or two before the due date to mail cards in case life or sickness or weather or the postal system or something I did not think of or mention causes problems. None of those situations are fun for me or you so consider getting them made and mailed to me ASAP as failure to have cards to the host by the due date can result in up to 5 negative iTraders.

General Information:

~ This swap contains 8 groups of 5 members. Sign-ups will end when all spots are filled.
~ Pick a group, pick a theme
~ You must be willing to work on all the other themes in your group
~ Make a card for each of the members of your group in their chosen theme
~ Receive a card of your chosen theme in return from each member of your group
~ Send cards you are proud of
~ To cut down on possible mail machine malfunctions, NO Bulky embellishments (If you think it is to bulky don't use it)
~ Once you sign up with a theme you can’t withdraw, as some artist start their cards immediately
~ CARDS are to be in my hands on/before June 21, 2019. I know life can get in the way sometimes so if something comes up please contact me as soon as possible so we can work it out some way.

Pick-A-Theme Examples

~ Generic/RegularGeneric themes where is it easy to think up a card; for example fairies, cats, dogs, flowers, etc. Regular themes which require a little more thought or research but are not difficult to find a reference or collage image for example; flying pigs with hats, red poppies, whimsical houses, nature fairies, zetti, etc. (Real people or characters in books or movies are not regular themes! Something from a specific artist or person is not a regular theme)

Please notice there are 2 specific groups [4 and 5] for APCs.

Card information:

~ All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves if you have them. (If you don’t protect them some way and I will provide them. I don’t want that to stop anyone from playing.)

~ Please put your username, the group number and the recipient’s username on each card you make.

~ If you want to post your cards to the thread for all to enjoy please do, but it is not required.

~ A Hostess card is not required but always appreciated!

**** I appreciate those of you who want to share your materials, but my talents are limited to cross stitching so what I receive for any other purpose I share with others. I don’t mind passing it on I just want you all to know I do not use it.

Mailing Information:

USA folks -----

Please enclose a self-addressed envelope and postage. As for postage I think since there are at least 4 cards it is a good idea to put .70 on the envelope, either a forever stamp and an extra ounce stamp or .70 in stamps. If you want to do it for a forever stamp or .55 you can though, your choice! If you are in 2 groups you really need .70!

INTERNATIONAL folks ----

Please enclose an address label or address printed clearly on a piece of paper. I will supply envelopes to save you a little bit of postage! A dollar bill or US Forever International stamps are appreciated, but if you don’t have either please don’t let that stop you from joining the fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
.........................The Groups.........................

Your name turns color when I have your cards.
Your name goes bold when you have your new cards.

Group 1 - Hand Drawn or Painted ~ Generic/Regular Theme
1. Terrri F – Black and White Baby Goats
2. BexMadeMe – Meerkats Dressed Up (in clothes)
3. sunkissed – Giraffes (Whimsical or Real)
4. Ilovemarley – Pot of Beautiful Flowers or Betta Fish (not in a pot though, this would be her 1st choice)
5. Ancient Planter – Long-Haired Dachshunds

Group 2 - Hand Drawn or Painted ~ Generic/Regular Theme
1. Terrri F – Black and White Baby Goats
2. NatashaMay – Geisha with a Fox
3. dithespy – Larger Ladies in the Sun
4. mcgillisj– Mamma Cat and Her Kittens
5. yonawrites - Dog Cuddled Up To Teddy Bear

Group 3 - Hand Drawn or Painted ~ Generic/Regular Theme
1. BexMadeMe – Scarecrow
2. sunkissed – Giraffes (Whimsical or Real)
3. BArox818 – A Mill or Factory
4. miss – Girl with Poppies
5. Ilovemarley – Whimsical Mermaid

Group 4 - APC's ~ Any Media ~ Any Theme
1. Pikkis - Spring in the Garden with a Vintage Touch (more info and cards)
2. CastleQueen5 – Snails (cards)
3. JudyLee – Sun or Moon or Stars with Text (cards)
4. smallgirl – Any Cephalopod (example: Octopus, Squid, Nautilus, Cuttlefish, or Ammonite) (cards)
5. ThouArtDelyrias – Butterfly (cards)

Group 5 - APC's ~ Any Media ~ Any Theme
1. catladybj – Mushroom(s)-Whimsical or Not; Zentangle, Gnomes or Fairies welcome but not required (cards)
2. dithespy – Fish (cards)
3. Karr3ll – Cats (cards)
4. JudyLee – Sloth (cards)
5. smallgirl - Use A Nature-Themed Postage Stamp (wild animal, flower, tree, mushroom, natural landscape, etc) (cards)

Group 6 - Collage ~ Generic/Regular Theme
1. ferretgirl – Under Water Theme With At Least One Critter, But No Fish
2. ksj1717 – Hippy Chic (whatever that means to you) or Just Hippie
3. catladybj – Cats
4. katelnorth – Things with Wings (that wouldn’t have them normally)
5. Allegrae – Detective(s)

Group 7 - Collage ~ Generic/Regular Theme

Group 8- Any Media (HD/HP/Collage/Digital/Photo/Fabric) ~Generic/Regular Theme
1. Ancient Planter – Wild West
2. CastleQueen5 – Snails
3. trini70 – Flamingo(s)
4. ksj1717 – Sloths
5. ThouArtDelyrias – Minions

Last edited:
I´m jumping in for the APC-group 4, please :)! My theme is "Spring in the garden" with a vintage touch, I hope that´s not too difficult... The card can present anything related to garden, plants, insects, gardening tools, watering cans etc., but I wish for vintage images instead of modern ones. The suits and numbers are P2 - 2 of hearts, P3 - 2 of spades, P4 - 2 of clubs and P5- 2 of diamonds.

I would love to be in Group One and Two
Theme being~~ Black and white baby goats.

Our nanny had triplets on March 27th and we are loving the lil kiddos. 2 male and 1 female. :) Black and white all of them. Looking like mama.

Thank you xstitcher for hosting again <3

Welcome to all the players and lurkers!

I will be back after I fix dinner to add you all to the list. I want to make sure I get it right!

how do u pick a theme? and which theme do u due?

You can pick any theme you want as long as it falls under the Pick a theme examples in the explanation at the top of the page.

Whatever theme you pick each of the other players will make a card for you with that theme and you make them a card with the theme they choose.

For example in group 1 everyone will make Terri F a card with a black and white baby goat on it.

Welcome to all who have asked to join to this point.

I have your name on the list. Please make sure it is what you want it to say.

I’ll jump in on group 8 please. And is the Wild West too specific? Doesn’t matter **which** Wild West :wub: If too specific, I need to think some more.

Welcome!

Everything to here should be on the list.

If you have not already, please check to make sure I have it the way you want it. Don't want anyone not getting the right cards.

Back
Top Bottom