If Emotions Were Monsters, What Would They Look Like? ~ HD/HP~ Due June 1st

cheyenneshea

ATC Novice
Media
Swap Due Date: June 1st, 2019
Sign-up/Withdraw Date: May 18th, 2019
Number of Participants: 12 (This is my first swap!)
Number of Cards: 3 for 3
Media: HD/HP

If Emotions Were Monsters, What Would They Look Like?
For this swap you will be drawing/painting A DIFFERENT monster for each of your ATCs. Each monster will represent or portray an emotion of your choice. The emotion should be portrayed through your choice of color, facial features, the monster's posture, added objects, background, etc. Please create a background that accentuates or adds to the emotion you are trying to portray through your monster. The background doesn't have to be super detailed, just enough to give the monster a sense of placement.

Examples My Students Made:
embaressed.jpg Dejected.jpg
Emotion Portrayed: Embarrassment, Emotion Portrayed: Dejected

DOs and DON’Ts:
~DO have fun and let your imagination go wild and creativity rawr! The sky really is the limit with what you can do with your little creatures.
~DO your best work. Send cards that were made with thought and care; something you would be thrilled to receive.
~Do write the emotion your monster is representing on THE BACK OF YOUR ATC.

~Don't leave the background white, but include a scene that adds to the emotion you are trying to portray/represent with your monster.
~Don't include embellishments or glitter please.
~DON’T add stickers, unless they are on the back of the card with your info.

CARD GUIDELINES
~Cards must be 2.5 x 3.5 inches, sturdy and neatly cut. I will return cards that are misshapen, lopsided or more than 1/8th of an inch off.
~Cards must be in a thin protective plastic sleeve.
~At a minimum, please include your User Name, Title, & the Emotion your monster is portraying, on the back of the card. You may add more info if you wish (location, date made, website, etc…) I also love little designs on the back!

MAILING GUIDELINES:
~PM me when you are ready to send! ( I have a new address )
~Include a SASE (U.S.) or a concealed U.S. dollar or U.S. Forever Stamp (outside the U.S).
~Secure cards in the envelope so they don’t all bunch up in a corner. You can tape them to a sturdy paper/light cardboard the shape of the envelope or tape them together in a row.

Since this swap is such a small amount of maximum people I will be sending a monster themed gift to each player with your cards <3

Who would like to come play? Or you can come lurk around!

0. Cheyenneshea
1. IamWhatonearth (Received)
2. Caperucita Roja- (Received)
3. IstinKray IlverSay (Withdrawn)
4. Miss (Received)
5. poeticfool (withdrawn)
6. amee.burton (Withdrawn)
7. sunkissed (Received)
8. zilliah (Received)
9. StregaAnna (Withdrawn)
10.GwennieJo (Withdrawn)
11.asharnanae (Received)
12. Fierce Armadillo (Received)

Last edited:
This is not only right up my alley, but I may also have to steal this idea to do with my students! Sign me up please!

Lurking...I love the idea, but not sure I can make something worth while.

I love the monsters your students made...I just want to hig 'em both and invite them over to my lunch table. (When I was in school, I was so painfully shy and insecure that I couldn't even eat lunch in the cafeteria...I hung out in the library instead.)

I'd love to have you join us Foxglove, but no pressure :) You create beautiful cards and monsters are so much fun to dream up and give a personality to. The ones my students made were ALL so creative and it was interesting because the monster resembled them in a way. I could tell who made which one just by looking at their finished products and I couldn't exactly pinpoint why.

Last edited:
Poeticfool you have been added :) Welcome to atcsforall and I am excited that this is one of your first swaps! I hope you have fun with it.

Back
Top Bottom