ATC Guru
Media
DUE DATE: June 17, 2019
Withdraw Date: just communicate
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: unlimited
Medium: mixed media
Theme- Vintage!

I absolutely LOVE vintage cards! Think distressed, shabby chic, Tim Holtz inspired, using images from the 1800s and early to mid 1900s. I scour flea markets and thrift stores for old black and white photographs, antique catalogues, faded lace and other ephemera. If you're a vintage junkie like me, this swap is for you! I am interpreting "vintage" rather loosely. You don't have to use "old" items for the card to be vintage. There's a ton of brand new items you can buy in craft stores that have a vintage look (think Tim Holtz, distress ink, tea-dyed ribbon or lace, rubber stamps featuring vintage typewriters or cameras,vintage swap 001.jpgwanderlust swap 001.jpg etc.). Let your imagination go wild!

GUIDELINES-
Must be an original mixed media card. No prints. Layers are great!

The ATC Rules:

* All cards must be 2.5" x 3.5" with straight edges.

* Best work only please. I will try my best to swap effort for effort. Please only send in art you'd be happy to receive.

* Please note I don't swap cards based on comments in the thread. I prefer to encourage comments on ALL cards, whether they are your favorite or not.

* Please sign up by posting to this thread, NOT through a PM.

* No problem if you have to drop out but please let me know. No cards and no communication will result in a neutral iTrader.

* Each card should be sent in its own plastic sleeve.

* Please include user name, real name, and swap name on the back of your cards so we can leave Rep Points. Make sure we will be able to read the user name.

Mailing:

* Canadian participants - a forever stamp will do, or if your cards are bulky, please send in the same amount it cost you to mail in.

* USA participants - Please send $1 US, or $2 US if your cards are bulky.

* INTERNATIONAL participants -Please send $2 US (or more if really bulky).

*Remember to include your user name and swap name on the back of the cards so the recipients can leave REP points. Remember to leave me (mcgillisj) the host an iTrader when you receive your cards which is most appreciated. It also lets me know your cards arrived safely.

* Please include a typed or neatly written address label. No need to send return envelopes. I will supply them.

* Please send me a PM when you need my address.

* Host cards are not at all required to play, but if you decided to send one, I would cherish it.

Who wants to play?

me
1. CastleQueen5 - RECEIVED
2. miss - RECEIVED
3. WITHDREW
4. Karr3ll - RECEIVED
5. prex79 - RECEIVED
6. Vegan4animals - RECEIVED
7. NancyL - RECEIVED
8. WITHDREW
9. WITHDREW
10. nanvan - RECEIVED
11. WITHDREW
12. Ancient Planter - RECEIVED
13. pithier - RECEIVED
14. Curtainsforyou - RECEIVED
15. AmySi - RECEIVED
16. WITHDREW
17. leydab - RECEIVED
18. keylenn - RECEIVED
19. Evalila - RECEIVED
20. Lalka - RECEIVED
21. jheuser - RECEIVED
22. Pikkis - RECEIVED
23. Laffqueen -RECEIVED
24. ohhappyday -RECEIVED
25. theweavershand - RECEIVED
26. RebeccaG - RECEIVED
27. UnicornMystic
28. Deb2015 - RECEIVED
29. JazzEars
30. AngelJoy - RECEIVED
31. ksj1717 - RECEIVED
32. Suzi - RECEIVED
33. WampumWashi - RECEIVED
34. Untitled(2019) - RECEIVED
35. Amychelle - RECEIVED
36. MARRAE - RECEIVED
37. JenURebel - RECEIVED

Last edited:
One of the advantages of being old is that you might have a broad range of vintage photos. Some people consider the 50s to be vintage and that is when I grew up. But I do have photos of grandparents and even my mother when she was growing up.

Vintage is a very general term, right? I personally love the look of ladies from Victorian and Edwardian times. And of course there are so many other images besides people. I love all things “yesteryear “! Please sign me up.

Yes, I am interpreting "vintage" rather loosely. Old family photos can be vintage. And you don't have to use "old" items for the card to be vintage. There's a ton of brand new items you can buy in craft stores that have a vintage look (think Tim Holtz, distress ink, tea-dyed ribbon or lace, rubber stamps of old cameras, bicycles, bifocals or typewriters, etc.). Let your imagination go wild!

Welcome, CiCiCreates! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom