Vintage ATCs - Mixed media, Due June 17, 2019

How fun!

First, I love how simple addresses worked! Can you imagine? "Miss Amy in N.Y."

Second, that looks like stamps I used :)
1_3D5713D4-BB70-477A-9DEC-5812EAE8ABF5.jpeg

Remember how, in the U.S. a few years ago they added the 4 number suffix to our zip codes? Maybe it was more than just a few years, but I was definitely an adult when it happened. Supposedly that would mean that a letter should reach us with nothing more than a name and the zip+4 to guide it. The zip gets it to the proper city and state (and the proper area in the city if more than one zip is in the city), and the +4 focuses in on your exact house/apt. #/po box. I've never tested the theory, however.

the +4 focuses in on your exact house/apt. #/po box.

I'm pretty sure the +4 narrows it down to a specific area of your town/city, but it is not unique to an individual. If you addressed an envelope to someone with just their name and a zipcode+4 (and there was no return address) it *might* make it to you if you had a really on-the-ball mail carrier (who recognized your address by seeing your name), but it wouldn't be a guarantee.

Hello fellow vintage lovers! Thank you for waiting a few extra days for some last minute cards to arrive! I assure you, they are WELL WORTH THE WAIT!!!! Beauties, every one!
I will be swapping out tomorrow! Please don't forget to give rep points to the very deserving players whose cards you receive as well as I-trader for me (your host). You have all been fantastic players and I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing all of your gorgeous creations! I hope you enjoy your returns!

I'm pretty sure the +4 narrows it down to a specific area of your town/city, but it is not unique to an individual. If you addressed an envelope to someone with just their name and a zipcode+4 (and there was no return address) it *might* make it to you if you had a really on-the-ball mail carrier (who recognized your address by seeing your name), but it wouldn't be a guarantee.

When we had a po box, the zip+4 was always the p.o.'s zip and our box number. I'm sure that would have made it to me with just my name and zip+4. At our house, however, the carrier has problems delivering stuff with the actual house and street number, along with my name, so I've no doubt she'd never make it with just the zip+4!

Received wonderful returns from Ancient Planter (Be You), Miss (Fly) and theweavershand (vintage boy with text heart) - fabulous art from all! Off to leave I trader and YouRocks - thanks everyone!

The ATCs have reached the west coast. Mine came yesterday. I recd ones from Suzi, ancient planter and Deborah Adam. It was enjoyable to make cards for this swap.

My returns had arrived while I was on a week´s trip :)! Big thanks to mcgillisj for being such a wonderful host and to prex79, JenUrebel and Pithier for the most awesome vintage cards, I love them all!

Back
Top Bottom