A Pirate's Life for Me, Due June 21, 2019

Another fun fact:

We don't actually know how pirates spoke

The truth is that pirates came from all over the place and the typical west-country accent that we're all familiar would only have applied to a very small number of them.

The 'pirate accent' as we know it today can be traced back to Disney's adaptation of Treasure Island in 1950 when actor Robert Newton played a pirate from the west-country and seriously overdid the accent. He did the same thing a few years later in Blackbeard The Pirate, and so the stereotype was born.

I got a new puppy, and my life has not been my own. I can finish my cards and mail them on Monday. I think they'll make it to Tennessee by the 21st.

Since it's almost time to swap, I can now show you all the cards I made for each of you. They're all basically the same so this is just an example of what you'll get.

View attachment 207518

When I found the saying, I thought it would be just perfect for a thank you ATC. It was also the first time I ever made tea-dyed paper, so it was a lot of fun. I hope that you all will like them. :)

Mail Call

Awesome cards arrived from Allegrae! Thanks for the hostess card! Now...decisions, decisions...

By the way, I'm curious as to how you got the black and silver sparklies on your cards. That's a great affect!​

Two sets haven't come in yet, but I'm also at month-end with work. I'm going to wait a couple of days to swap. Hopefully, the cards will come in this weekend.

Mail Call

Today I received cards from Micaela and catladybj! Fantastic cards, one and all! Thanks for the hostie cards!

We're just waiting on one more set to start the trading!​

Already mailed but here are mine! ❤️

30uxnwp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom