Say yes to the dress Due June 24

My cards are done, just waiting for your address.
All the HD cards shown in the thread are so beautiful that I thought that I had better pull out all my multi-media stops to match them. I have used: origami, iris folding (both the original and the negative) and paper piecing. Hope you like them. . .

Wow, they are wonderful, Donna! Very clever to use the iris folding technique for them!

My cards went postal this morning. The black dress looks exactly like my prom dress from my junior year.
It was my favorite dress in the world. The floral dress is a :eek: shout out to every bridesmaid dress I've ever been lucky enough to wear. (LOL)

My backgrounds are shaving foam marble technique with alcohol inks and black India ink.
Here they are:

Mine are ready for the mail today. I used the same outline for each dress, but treated them all differently.

View attachment 206962

Zentangle Dress - white gel pen on black paper background pasted on hand drawn and colored background card
Envelope Liner Dress - stripes of envelope liners, thin washi tape and bit of lace edging on shaving cream technique background card
Washi Tape Dress - stripes of washi tape on tissue box background with thin washi tape border
Fireworks Stamps Dress - flag and fireworks postage stamps pasted to plain red background

Fun topic for a swap, thanks!

AngelJoy-
I also love the envie liner!! I'm a stamp aficionado, so I like the stamp dress also.

donnacr, very cool cards! Especially love the design of the orange one.

haagmm, Love your pretty prom dress! I've never heard of the shaving foam-ink background technique...very interesting!

We have 5 more days till this swap ends i am still missing cards from Allergre and yonarights everyone elses cards are almost swapped

Finishing them up today and will mail this evening. We're both in New York, so I think we'll be fine. Tried to send you a PM, but your mailbox is full.

Still waiting on 1 more set of cards from i love marley hoping they come buy monday or tues all others are starting to get swapped on monday

I really wanted to do this swap but there's no way I could get my cards to you on time. Please let me know if you do a swap like this again. When I get my cards finished up I will put them in my gallery.
There are fantastic cards in this swap&boy, do I hate missing out!

Back
Top Bottom