Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Due Date July 10, 2019
3 for 3 ATC Swap
Number of Players 20
ATCs to be traded 3 for 3.

SPECIAL TRASH CHALLENGE, Due July 10, 2019

Many of us have enjoyed all the trash swaps. It is fun and interesting to receive trash from a host and make ATCs.
This time all the trash will come from other players and not the host.
If you have wanted to trade your trash, but did not have enough to host a “trash” swap, this is the swap for you.
Three different people will make a nice ATC from trash that you send.
You will get your own trash back in the form of an ATC.
This swap will be for regular size ATCs (2 ½" by 3 ½") – no coins, dolls or other shapes.

To sign up for the swap:

• Post in the thread that you understand that once you have received your baggies of trash, this is a no withdrawal swap. Participants who receive baggies and do not timely return 3 completed ATCs will receive a Neutral iTrader.
• Send me a private message requesting my mailing address.

This will be a three phase swap. Here's how it works:

PHASE ONE: - Due Date May 10, 2019

• Each player will create three sets of different kinds of trash. Please use a sandwich bag (or similar size baggie) for each set. If you want to send small trash in a penny sleeve, that is ok too. Make sure the top is taped to keep all the contents contained. Each baggie or packet must have 5 items. Examples of items: a photo, scrapbook paper, vintage paper, junk mail, odd textured items, fibers, ribbon, stamp, tissue paper, bubble wrap, - basically anything that can be used to create an ATC either by adhering it to a back or using the item as a tool.
•Please use one sandwich bag or similar packaging for each set.
•Label EACH bag with your USER NAME and REAL NAME.
•Send all 3 baggies to me.
•Please make sure your baggies are secure in a sturdy envelope, not a flimsy business sized envelope.
•Your envelopes with baggies of trash are DUE to me by May 10, 2019.
•Please have your name and address clearly written on a paper or include an address label for me to use to send your swapped baggies to you.
•Any baggies received after May 10 will be returned to sender and your name will be removed from the player’s list.

PHASE TWO:

•I will swap out the baggies the weekend following May 10, and have them in the mail to you the following Monday.
•I will be using my own envelopes, so you do not need to send return envelopes or postage at this time.

PHASE THREE:

•When you receive your baggies, make an ATC with all five items from a single baggie.
- You may alter any item, turn it over and use the back side, cut out shapes from an item, paint or ink an item, use a small part of an item or use any item as a tool for applying paint or use as a stencil.
- You will be providing your own base for each card.
- Do not use one of the items from the baggie for a base.
- You can also add other elements or items to enhance the ATC, but you must use all 5 of the items in some way.
- The intent is to make an artful and interesting ATC with the trash – do not just paste everything down willy nilly on a base and call it done.
- Each baggie will be to make one ATC.
- The ATC you make will go back to the person who gathered the trash for that baggie.
•Make each ATC with a firm backing such as Bristol board, cardboard or sturdy cardstock.
- Please do not use playing cards as a base for this swap.
•On the back of each ATC, indicate the recipient's name (the person who sent you the 5 items used), and your user name and information.
•Put each ATC in a penny sleeve or a three across card page –MAKE SURE you have included the name that was on the baggie on the back of your ATC.
•Mail your completed ATCs back to me.
•The due date is July 10, 2019. Any cards not sent or received late will receive a neutral iTrader.
- Please keep in mind what your mail time is to Florida.

Posting the trash you received and pictures of the cards you make is not a requirement, but appreciated.

Postage:

When you return your completed cards to me, please include a stamped, self-addressed envelope with the same amount of postage it cost you to send your cards to me. Compensating me for the initial mailing would be appreciated, but not required.

iTrader points

For this swap, you should give an iTrader to each person who made you a card.

0. JavaZarf-Cards Received
1. CastleQueen5-Cards Received
2. Prex79-Cards Received
3. Pisces Dreamer-Cards Received
4. ksj1717-Cards Received
5. dithespy-Cards Received
6. katelnorth-Cards Received
7. Haagmm-Cards Received
8. dnewton972-Cards Received
9. Allegrae-Cards Received
10. Nanvan-Cards Received
11. Kehlenn-Cards Received
12. BluSkyHare-Cards Received
13. Mushu-Cards Received
14. Karr3ll-Cards Received
15. AmySi-Cards Received
16. Cardgal-Cards Received
17. mrubyjean-Cards Received
18. Trini70-Cards Received
19. AngelJoy-Cards Received
20. theweavershand-Cards Received

Last edited:
Welcome Pisces Dreamer, ksj1717, dithespy.
Just a reminder if you haven't already, pm me for my address.

Also, as you are putting together your baggies - don't put ingredients that easily make an ATC. Put in items that make someone think about how to use the 5 things and what can they add to it to make an artful ATC. It is ok to send scrapbook paper and things like that, but also this is your chance to be a trash hostess for three cards.

Yes please, I'd like to do this.

I will try to get my trash in the mail to you tomorrow, but might need to get to the post office for stamps, so it might be a little later in the week. I have your address from the RR - in fact, I may send it with some RR stuff as I think I have stuff to mail to you.

I understand that I can't withdraw, etc.

I sent mine off to you. Each taped to a Christmas cards for the Christmas coin I am hosting. I did not send the extra packet for you, like I had mentioned. It didnt fit well. I also did revamp the packets today. I made it more of a challenge, based on your post above.

Thank you CQ5 for editing your baggies.
Challenge is the operative word for this swap.

I found myself making sissy bags - one yellow, one red, one black and white. Then I said to myself "what kind of a challenge is this?" My answer was "duh."
Taking a different approach now. Just setting aside items i want to audition for baggies. Will try to narrow it down to 5 per baggie.

I am excited to see what you send.

Would love to play, but sadly, Canada Post is very slow and I don't think I could get my baggies of trash to you by May 10th. It's possible but not guaranteed. While I can't play this time, I will watch the thread as I enjoy seeing what everyone does with their trash!

so sad
i was hoping you could play
i had to set a date that allowed turnaround for the baggies
if you want to send then and hope they make it
nothing gained, nothing lost

Back
Top Bottom