MAGNIFICENT MONARCHS (The Monarch Butterfly), Due July 5, 2019

I just saw my FIRST hummingbird of the year.

This is the OFFICIAL start of Spring.
I put out the hummingbird feeders...no, I did't have them up yet, and the hummingbird that arrived gave me a really, really dirty look. Have you ever seen a hummingbird give you a dirty look? not nice!

But now the first feeder is up, and more are on their way.
This is the OFFICIAL Start of Spring.
Next will be the Monarch arrival....Some are already as far North as Chicago, Illinois!!! :jiggy:

I was so inspired by the pamphlet I found, I finished my cards yesterday. I also found a phone number to call and get some free milkweed seeds sent to my home for planting. I had to leave a message, so I don't know if it will actually work, but it's worth a try!

View attachment 206083

Were you able to get some free milkweed seeds?
It has been a month since your post, so I am curious about the follow-up on that seed supplier.

AWESOME cards received from karr311.
What a fascinating assortment.
LOVE all the chrysalis and hatching butterfly ATCs.
Thanks so much for including a hostie card.

Soon it will be Monarch arrival....Some are already as far North as Iowa!!! :jiggy:

It is cool this Spring, feeling more like April than late May. The fruit trees, the apples, crab apples, plums, and apricots, are in bloom, or ready to bloom, but just in case, I have pots of flowers in my flower boxes to feed the Monarchs until other flowers bloom and the Milkweed grows. These flowering plants should help them on their Spring Migration from Mexico to sites North.

Last edited:
Vicki,
please add me. I was checking your swap and looked out the window and there were 3 monarchs fluttering outside. A sign I must participate. ;)

From their location, it appears that "your" Monarchs are headed into Canada.
"My" Monarchs are already further North, already in Iowa, at least according to the Monarch Migration Map.
But I have not yet seen any here yet, which is good, because my Milkweed plants are still quite small.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom